No greeting at regional conv for disfelowshipped

by Yomama 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Yomama
    Yomama

anyone notice at begining of rejoice convention that chairmen says "greetings or good day bro and sisters leaving out any who are not brothers and sisters The pharisee has struck again so you are greeted only if your considered a bro or sister. Because he that says a greeting is sharer in wicked deeds any body catch that?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yomama ....

You must have gotten a different feed than I got through the convention website.

The chairman did welcome everyone but the sign language interpreter in the lower right corner of the screen mooned the audience when DF/DA people were mentioned.

• sir82
    sir82

Virtually every meeting, convention and assembly for the past 100 or so years starts with something like "Welcome brothers and sisters". It's hardly a new sinister plot introduced with this year's convention.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I've been to 55+ DC/RC over the year's, and I've hear it that way a number of time's. And the same at CA's!

Nothing to see here!!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There was a fashion for the phrase, “brothers, sisters, and friends” at one time.
    More generally, I’ve heard it suggested that a better alternative greeting than ladies, gentlemen, friends, or whatever, is “welcome friends and enemies” — more comprehensive, and keeps them on their toes. 😇

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"Greetings everyone" would have been all that was necessary to make all those who made and effort to attend, feel included.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They have done a lot to make it seem like a a real assembly. . The "Good morning brothers " , is a standard opener, much parodied and imitated by us when we were kids.

Come on, they are never going to welcome the d/fd ... Those people are not considered worthy of the light of day, let alone friendly welcome, remember " He that says a greeting tk him is a sharer in his wicked works" !

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

BB sorry meant to click 👍

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit