Generation expiry date?

by pleaseresearch 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Outlaw, WT extrapolations are not based upon numerology and my guess about generation expiry date is based upon what seems to me is a reasonable limit and not numerology either.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

something must give by 2017 latest

So on Jan 1st 2018...then what?

You renounce the WT as a false prophet?

• Listener
    Listener

All the current members of the Governing Body are in this second lot of the overlapping generation. With their current interpretation, conveniently they will not need to declare it as a wrong interpretation because they will all have to be dead in order for this to be obvious.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I think about this a lot and tell my still-in wife that it WILL have to change.

They declare the second group as "advanced in years" so in ten years time it will need to change.

But hey...the definition of a cult is all about changing your beliefs to survive...

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Whenever Witnesses break character and talk to me (a disfellowshipped one) about returning to Jehovah my answer is always the same:

The truth is always the truth. It doesn't change. Understanding, sure, that can get clearer. But if you look at what you believe now to what witnesses believed from the start of the last century - it's a completely different religion.

Worshiping Jesus, using Pyramids to work out Armageddons date, Beth Sarim, prophets resurrected in 1925, the cross on the Watchtower magazines, Russell being Gods mouthpiece, Rutherford being Gods mouthpiece - these aren't "clearer understandings" are they?

And their reply is always the same... "we never believed that, that's apostates lying to you!"

• prologos
    prologos
    • stuckinarut: "As has been said before:
      Jesus was only speaking TO HIS FOLLOWERS IN HIS DAY!
      There is no future application...so its all a moot point.

and that 40 year generation did not pass away until all these things, the destruction, took place, but now, wt writers, by making the generation anointed, and having them pass away before the destruction, are making it that moot point, pointless. Then, David Splaine, by invoking F. Franz as an age example, pushed it to ~2075, guaranteeing to make it really pointless for the living, who are are supposedly to survive and hope they "will never die."

Flag Link Dislike Like
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Fisherman - "...extrapolations are not based upon numerology..."

'Course they're not.

Numerology requires at least a rudimentary understanding of basic math. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit