Generation expiry date?

by pleaseresearch 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

How long will it take for a JW to see that even the overlapping generation is wrong?

The org waited and waited to see if their interpretation of it came true. Those alive in 1914 would still be alive Obviously it didn't and JWs have to believe in an overlapping generation. But in the minds of a JW, how long will they give it before they know even an overlapping generation isn't going to work. Are we looking at JWs accepting an overlapping, overlapping, overlapping generation teaching? In which case it can go on for as long as they want.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Many already have, you can only control people so long with ignorance, lies and fear.

they do eventually wake up.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

The absolute furthest that anyone can sell it as reaching is probably in the 2070s (fred franz died in '92, so someone that was 20 and newly anointed at that time could live to be 100 putting you in 2072) but I suspect it's going to be discarded in favor of new doctrine well before that. The current GB won't last that long, so when some new folks come in they'll implement their own ideas and will probably scrap the overlapping generation, and I'm guessing 1914 with it.

If I were still in the cult, I'd probably be thinking that if armageddon doesn't come by 2034 it would prove them to be wrong yet again.

• sir82
    sir82

Sanderson is the lynchpin. He apparently started partaking while Franz was still alive, and he is only age 50 now.

When he hits his 70's, the doctrine will change again.

Although, given his appearance on the broadcasts, where his waistline appears to gain 2 or 3 inches between every appearance, he may not even make it to his 70's. In which case the doctrine may change sooner.

So I'd say it will expire sometime 2030 - 2040.

• St George of England
    St George of England

"Isn't this what we've always believed?"

The vast majority of JW's have not got a clue what they are supposed to believe. Ask any JW to pull out his/her Bible and explain the current generation teaching and how and why this has changed over the years. I would be very surprised if 1% could do it!

George

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWs are acceptable to any twisting of doctrines the lying GB twits provide them, so out of sheer fearful locality they will drop rational inquisitiveness based from out of that fear.

So even when the doctrines get ridiculously corrupt, there still will remain the hanger onners.

• AnonVet
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander
    ^^^^ Hahahaha! @ that video above. That's a new one for me! Excellent, absolutely Brilliant!
  • freddo
    freddo

Brilliant AnonVet! I love these "Hitler rant" - videos

Love the semi-accurate historical stuff like making a career as a house painter or moving to Munich where the need is great!

And the "overlapping congregation territories (Pedophile, Paradise and Overlap)" is priceless too.

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch
    Brilliant video AnonVet, Hitler couldn't have said it any better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit