Generation expiry date?

by pleaseresearch 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AnonVet
    AnonVet

I didn't create this video, to be clear. I stumbled upon it.

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch
    Well thanks for stumbling upon it and being honest. Why couldn't the Watchtower have been honest when we were Jdubs :(
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Sanderson is the lynchpin. He apparently started partaking while Franz was still alive, and he is only age 50 now.

That doesn't equate to the WT article that states all the helpers are of the other sheep and Sanderson was a helper then when that article came out...which was after 92 when Franz died...the article says ALL helpers were other sheep meaning none of the current GB qualify as being in the second group that overlapped with the first because all of the current GB were helpers.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/504950002/which-current-gb-members-part-overlapping-generation

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I just went through a brainstorm! Change the word generation in Luke 21:32 to a plural:

"Truly I say to you that these generations will by no means pass away until all things happen."

That will eliminate any expiry date. They'll have to revise this in the Newer World Translation but what the hell, they always do that.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Village Idiot...

Frankly, I'm kinda surprised they haven't done that already, and spun the change as the conclusion of in-depth (and in-house) scholarly examination, and "prayerful consideration".

After all, it's not like the rank-and-file loyalists wouldn't have accepted it. Hell, some of 'em might have even felt relieved. :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Generation expiry date..."

"...best before 1995" :smirk:

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    I am expecting that they are building a bridge so that they can refer to the 120 year period in Noah's days and will point to 2034.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    I am expecting that they are building a bridge so that they can refer to the 120 year period in Noah's days and will point to 2034.

Already did that with SPLAIN THE BRAIN's Chart.

• Village Idiot
  • prologos
    prologos
    OEJ: "-- newly anointed at that time could live to be 100 putting you in 2072) and that would not include Arm-a-geddon itself, (because the anointed are raptured before then, they are needed to do the fighting, frightening from heaven), so let us make it 2075 for old time's sake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit