Sacramento Senate Bill & Town Hall Meeting with EX-JW Child Abuse Survivors- March 8th , 2019

by flipper 28 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Yes the Catholic church painted the bill in a very unfavorable light and got their followers to write and email a protest. It worked pretty good and I'm sure the WT is happy.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The catholic church can claim Clergy /.Confessor penitent privilege a long standing tradition between Clergy and state .

Not so the Jehovah`s Witnesses because clergy penitent Privilege does not apply with them simply because the confession /accusation is spoken about among so many other parties within the JW organization.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Ironic that the Catholic Church, hated by the JWs, is unwittingly providing support to the WTS hiding child abuse. I suppose it's not surprising with all the money and clout the RC have but good that the bill hasn't been withdrawn only put on pause. Thanks for the update.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

What you posted smiddy3 gives me an idea. As it turns out due to my current PIMO standing...a close JW friend informed me that a number of elders have been wondering..."why JW GoneBad is missing soo many meetings...and when he's here he doesn't comment like before...and come to think of it no one saw him at this year's RC...his hours are next to nothing...yada..yada...yada!"

Anywho...me thinks 2 nut-job elders may be wanting to pay me a visit soon. If such an encounter takes place ...I might as well have a little fun. In the course of our discussion l just may attempt to hamstring these nitwits by telling them..."By the way brother John elder & brother Tim elder...I really would prefer our discussion be kept private...between us three...no discussing what I said (though it was nothing earth shattering) to anyone...not your wives...not other elders...not to C.O...no one! Cause if you do ...then that means you can't be trusted and damned if I'll ever sit down with you in this back room ever again for a chat...CAPICHE!"

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...Or I could always include this proviso at the beginning of the meeting...before anything is said:

"By the way brother John elder & brother Tim elder...I really would prefer our discussion be kept private...between us three...no discussing what I say (earth shattering or not) to anyone...not your wives...not other elders...not to C.O...no one! Cause if you are ...then this meeting is over...CAPICHE!"

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    JW GoneBad

In all honesty would you trust them to just keep it among themselves ? One way out of it is to stipulate that you will have a one on one meeting with an elder and nothing is to be recorded by him to protect yourself.

And definitely not have a meeting with two elders at the same time.

And never go into a back room at a KH ,if they want to talk to you for any reason you pick the place where to have the conversation , a local park or somewhere inconspicuous.

Never give them the upper hand .

You call the shots. Not them.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thank you smiddy3...I understand. Mind you they don't have anything on...no vices...no apostate crap...nothing! What bugs the hell out of them is that I've gone from high visibility in the congregation...to no visibility with no rhyme or reason as far as they're concerned! I'm a smartass kind of guy & I enjoy laughs...especially at the elders expense. So they'll do what nosey elders do...and I'll do what I like to do...play with their minds and put an end to their curiosity in the process...CAPICHE!😊

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Smiddy 3 - The Wt has used that as part of it's defense as well as other religions.

We must keep these things private! blah blah blah so says WT...

• flipper
    flipper

With all the talk about the WT Society's latest WT study on child abuse- thought I'd respond to folks on this thread and bump this thread up about what's currently happening in California. The bill to eliminate clergy penitent privilege in California regarding child abuse is currently on " hold " while members of the Sacramento legislature try to formulate another bill that will cover all the bases so the Catholic church and their lobbyists in the ears of politicians , won't be able to squelch it. Until religions stop donating millions $$$ into the pockets of politicians, it's always going to be next to impossible to divide religion from politics. On to your statements :

DAYS of FUTURE PASSED- Yeah, it's incredible how the Catholic church is so full of misinformation , and their followers just deluge protests to eliminating clergy penitent privilege out of devotion to some ancient custom that is not only outdated, but horribly dangerous for child abuse victims. And yes, WT Society has used these excuses for years " have to keep these abuses private " . And now after finally having a WT article discussed at their own meetings in the WT study- wouldn't you know that the WT Society paints a false illusionary picture to it's own JW members about how they handle child abuse ! Unfortunately no big surprise here. WT leaders are always trying to pull the wool over even it's own JW people.

SMIDDY 3- Good point about the WT Society NOT being able to claim clergy penitent privilege because elders on JC committees share all this child abuse information immediately with the Bethel legal department once they receive the information of child abuse situations. The only reason the Catholic church is seeming to get a " golden ticket " here though is because of the huge , powerful money from them influencing political decision. Whether clergy penitent privilege has been a " long standing practice" or " custom " for years certainly doesn't make it right or safe for children who are thrown to the clergy wolves who are these pedophile priests themselves in many instances. And you're right JW elders or even priests cannot be trusted to keep this information to themselves. Humans are humans- they talk. Indeed, not realistic for any child abuse victim to give their personal stories and lives over to these priests or elders and think that the victims best interests will be served. What will be served is the best interest of the Catholic church or WT Society of Jehovah's Witnesses.

XANTHIPPE- Indeed, I'm glad that the bill is only on pause as well. It may seem odd that the JW religion is benefitting from the Catholic church's stand on this- but you know- I put ALL of these religions in the same category. Each religious organization will do what's financially expedient for that particular religious organization. Doesn't matter which religion it is. Money talks. So do the leaders at the top of each of these religions .

JW GONE BAD- You have a good idea to stand up to those elders and say " don't share anything I say with anybody " . One problem though-elders lie. They'll tell whomever they damn well please, all they care about is performing WT functions and being " obedient " to the WT leaders. Perhaps best to just let sleeping dogs lay still. And that's how I view most elders, as sleeping dogs. Until they get awakened by WT Society leaders- then they become WT biting dogs devouring people in the congregations. Scary really. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit