Family contact in terminal illness cases.

by Disassociated Lady 2 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

I had not seen my parents for over 15 years since the funeral of my brother and even then no one spoke to me as I was DA. My Dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 2014 and I was then permitted contact with them. I now know the reason that this is allowed. You are so pleased to be with your family again that you would do anything for them. If you are around to care for them when they are dying the JWs don't have to do it themselves. My Dad passed away in May 2015 and he had been baptized since 1958. They paid a visit now and again when he was ill but did not help with his care etc. They don't visit my mother either now she is alone. My parents wasted their lives for nearly 60 years and tried their best to conform and that is how important faithful servants are to them. Heartbreaking! :-( x

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

=( I am sorry to hear. Yes... it is heartbreaking. So much for the "religion of love" right?

• Tallon
    Tallon

@ Disassociated Lady 2

I too am sorry to read of this.

Can't remember the scripture off hand, I think it is in one of the chapters in the book of John however it goes something along the lines of; 'by this all will know that you are my disciples if you have love among yourselves' - or words to that effect.

So in reference to the OP one has to question; where is this love?

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

I was so disappointed for my parents after all the effort they had put in throughout their lives and even now I know my Mum makes excuses for them.

I also heard of a sister who was forced to use a church charity when she was ill as there was no one else to help her. I can imagine she would have been in big trouble for that!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Not that it will make you feel any better, but there are 1000s of examples just like what you have shared. WTS/JWs use people up, and then cast them off when they are of no further benefit to them.

They are regularly doing this at Bethels -- inviting in young people to serve, and they use them up, and then send them away with nothing when they get older and become more of a liability than an asset. Typically, their "home" Cong is expected to "assist" them to get some stability in life. They may have given decades of service to WT, but they are sent away with no pension, no savings, no nothing. . . . DOC

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

My father was marched into the back room by elders and was told that jws arnt a charity after my grandmother had a stroke, and he just needed some one to sit for her for a couple of hours when she got home from the hospital so he could sort things out.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

When JWs break up families, in particular when they stop parents from talking to children, you'd think, morally, they'd have an obligation to look after the parents who have followed the rules and alienated theselves. Regular morality doesn't seem to apply to JWs however. They feel no obligation or responsibility for the consequences of their action or policies.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

My ex-neighbor a JW live in a Senior home, a JW for over 60 years. No children, no wife and

one sister(not a JW) that live in another city. He calls me to see if I can come by to visit, the funny thing

he knows I was once a JW. Two elderly sisters visit him once a month to drop off the Mags,

the Elders maybe visit once or twice a year.I ask him why the friends don't come by more often

for a visit? He told me the old ones have passed or they are to old to drive and the new ones don't know him.

So now he is visited by an Apostate (me), but we talk about his time in the Dutch Nazi prison camp, his love for music,

and his love for Canada we never speak about the Bible. But it's sad.....I thought about contacting

his KH and tell them I'am a Apostate and your brother_____ call me to come by because he has no visitors.

I bet you that will increase his visitors or he will get DF. A sick organization....

• steve2
    steve2

Want to know a foolproof way to get the local JWs to show up at a lonely and isolated elderly Wtness's doorstep?

Simple: Start a rumour involving the elderly Witness either doing something inappropriate or about to.

Stand back and watch the local loving JW buzzards crowd the doorstep.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

steve2: like, I saw brother 80 year old celebrating Xmas in the senior home.

Elders: Oh no we can't have that. By the way who is the brother, doesn't matter.

We will put a stop to this. Was he in our congregation, anyone knows him????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit