48th ANNIVERSARY of me GOING TO PRISON

by Terry 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

One guy I knew falsely claimed to be a JW in WW2 so he didn't have to go to war, don't blame him for that, but he was sent by the authorities to work down a Salt Mine for the duration. Not the best of work I guess.

Another JW, a Pioneer, accepted work on the land instead of going to war, he was always looked down on by the JW's for not choosing to go to Prison.

What a huge chunk of our lives, one way or another, the JW religion has stolen.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It is quite a morbid policy which wallows in martyrdom to the point of self-aggrandisement

Unfortunately people like you Terry got exploited as martyrs for the WTS. since true witnesses of the Gospel had to be persecuted. People suffered needlessly out that exploitative endeavor.

Not surprisingly there are numerous examples of self marketing and self identifying themselves as "The Truth" .

• zeb
    zeb

..and of course a few months after this occurrence the brave GB changed the rules so those conscripted for the Vietnam war could do alternative service... It was the same in Australia where I was told to say to the court that denying military service was MY PERSONAL IDEA that I had not been told to do this by the elders.

Its the same poison that they spit now about the ghastly persecution that occurred in Malawi that it was the brothers and sisters choice not to carry the Party Card (really an ID card) that they were not told this instruction by the branch office. Those of us alive at the time will remember the opposite.

The same as occurred in a court in the state of Victoria (Australia) where wt lawyers told the court that there is no accounting the hours spent in 'service' as this is the individual jw 'personal-mission'.

lies lies and more lies..

My empathy to you Terry and to the others who like suffered.

• Terry
    Terry

If I were to extract the broadest, most general lesson to be learned from the core thinking of JW leaders I'd be compelled to say this. Jehovah's Witness policy is about supporting the Governing Body and not about supporting the needs of its members.

Policies are Ad Hoc--made up on the spot--to further day to day impulses. Anything a GB leader can think up can be justified with scriptural blah-blah 'reasoning.' Just as easily, beliefs and 'truths' are expunged and tossed in the dust bin.

The Watchtower Religion is "where the Truth Lies."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWS are enforced to support and obey the WTS leaders at the present time, you can only disregard a given doctrine when they say so otherwise your deemed disloyal and disobedient to god through his holy spirit that transcends only through those men.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

• Vicki
    Vicki
    Hi Terry.. as a newby on this forum. And reading your comments, ive probably missed a lot.. but did you say you have written a book /books on your life with JWs ?and time in jail ? .. if so what's it called? If not..I've got it wrong ... one day when im up to it ill tell my story on here too .. one day
  • Terry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit