Just handed in my Disassociation letter

by Thirteenth tribe 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• pandorasbox1914
    pandorasbox1914

Hi Thirteenth tribe,

You have taken a decisive step, one that can leave them under no misunderstanding. But will they take any notice of you and the many others who have left or are in the process of leaving?

No they have invested so much in this that they cannot see what is in front of them:

Welcome to the real world Thirteenth tribe

• Thirteenth tribe
    Thirteenth tribe

Thanks everyone , it's great reading your posts. Today I have been on eggshells wondering how my letter had been received and what text X are flying round the congregation about me. I received a text from the sister who studied with me, we were genuine friends but she will probably have to shun me soon.. She told me how much she loves me and always will and that Jehovah has always used imperfect men to carry out his will. This pushed me further away, does this mean anything goes and that she will be tolerant of all these hideous abuse scandals ? That's a giving the organisation a free pass ! Anyway I did not reply, I made it through the day without tears!

Well done introvert2 I'm pleased for you, you sound like a force to be reckoned with😎Also if we did sign contracts it would be signed in our blood haha.

Hi cold steel, my mum was a witness whilst I was young and my sister and I went along with her until our teens when we went our own way. My mum is no longer a JW , she left recently thank goodness and is supporting me through my transition now (We live in different areas of the country ). I began studying back in 2010 shortly after getting married, I felt a little lost and unsure of life.. low and behold 2 witnesses came to my door and by Dec 2013 I was baptised. The last year has been awful, people in my congregation have stepped up the mania, every discussion revolves around ' this system ending' I began lying to people because I was made to feel bad about going away for weekends with my husband and missing a Sunday meeting... It's like everything I did and said was scrutized even my music choices, having a beer , going to the gym etc. Like I said people have become extra crazy and obsessed continually ranting about the last day of this systems... All this combined with the JW TV crap and of course the major issue of the sexual abuse. Also, there's a real lack of love for our neighbours now, they straight out call them enemies ! To say I began to doubt is an understatement I felt I had made a massive mistake 😫

Im on the mend now I guess but I'm truly exhausted, I have never felt so drained ! Thanks guys. Peace out.

• Thirteenth tribe
    Thirteenth tribe
    Thanks pandorasbox1914. There are a lot of decent people in my ex congregation but unfortunately no, I don't think they will take any real notice of my departure. For some an intervention , a group of psychologist's and they're own family members walking out wouldn't be enough to undue open their eyes. 😪 That has weighed heavy on me for the last 8 months or so but now I guess it's not my problemo!
  • pandorasbox1914
    pandorasbox1914

Hi Thirteenth tribe,

Liked your post, I bet the help from the elders was not there for you, as it has never been for any of us, perhaps instead of being judgemental they should be this:

Do they do this? They do the complete opposite! Why? Because they believe they are not the slaves, but rather the masters of us, or so they think. They say they love the sheep, but it is always the sheep's fault!

Perhaps this is who they really are:

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome Thirteenth tribe! This place could be your new tribe if you want. One that your already a full member of.

We understand what you have told us and what you have experienced and your reasons. We are able to celebrate your decision and offer some help (from our own experiences) if needed. Getting back to normal will not take long in your case.

If you haven't already done so think about getting rid of your No Blood card what was an act of faith is now a suicide note. If you have ever informed a doctor or clinic or hospital that you would not accept Blood please tell them that you no longer want that in your records.

At this point that's about it. Your out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit