A Visit from the JWs, knocking at our door...!

by Muddy Waters 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Ha, another visit from the JWs.... thankfully they are few and far between (seem to roll around whenever the CO visits or is about to visit...)

An elder and his wife, presenting the magazines and inviting us to the talks, which are "so encouraging". He had the saddest, most hang-dog expression, as he bemoaned these last days, so critical to deal with, and how the world was getting so terrible, things are so bad, blah blah blah, and every time I looked at her, she smiled encouragingly at me with that bright-eyed, put-on "sincere" smile.

I thanked them for coming, and said, "I appreciate you thinking about us" (after they said how the "missed us" at the meetings, ugh) -- "but we know where the Kingdom Hall is if we decide to go back. To be honest, I have to say we're very happy these days. Life is great and I've never felt happier."
    (looks of shock, disbelief, and amazement)
    I continued: "The Bible says that Jehovah is faithful, and he will not forget the love I've shown for his name. So I have to believe that, and if he wants to kill me at Armageddon for not going to meetings, then so be it."

*still laughing at the shocked expressions on their face*

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great job! We keep telling family members that we are happier not attending then when we attended. They have that look like a deer in headlights. lol They just don't get it. I would like to add (but I don't actually say it), "don't knock it til you try it."

It's funny how they tell you, "everyone misses you." I feel like screaming when they say this. Everyone has my number, if they miss us so much how come we NEVER hear from them? Just empty words from a drowning/desperate cult!

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

So nice of them to come in person. When the CO is due around here we get phone calls 20minutes before the meeting starts and maybe a text message.

Recently my mother was saying how many miss us. I told her "my phone is not ringing off the hook and I have had the same number since 1999."

• Incognito
    Incognito
    When the CO is due around here we get phone calls 20 minutes before the meeting starts and maybe a text message. - moreconfused

Ah, a nonvite.

We received a nonvite for the memorial a few years ago. A printed invite was placed in our door sometime during the same day as the event. Even if we had wanted to attend but didn't know the specific date in advance, after arriving home after work to find the invite, there was no time remaining to change clothes and drive to the hall before it was almost over.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

It was so satisfying to tell them I wasn't afraid of Armegeddon!! And it really shocked her. After all, it's their big stick, their big boogeyman...

And yes, I never could stand it when they say they "miss you" but you never hear from them or maybe only when the CO visit comes up.

• jp1692
    jp1692
    They said how the "missed us"

Cool. I’m available for dinner this Friday night or we could go out for breakfast Saturday morning ...

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

she smiled encouragingly at me with that bright-eyed, put-on "sincere" smile.

"What is it about that sickly (in)sincere smile that you want to punch them in the face"

A quote from some movie or TV show I watched recently LOL

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

LOL, Smiddy, so true! Yet I remember having that same stupid smile be on my own face way too many times! Gah, and never ever realized how phony and fake I also must have looked...!

Gosh, it felt good to say those things to them. How I wished I could have said a LOT more!!!

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

jp1692 lol good thing is I do not miss them.

Incognito I have not heard the term "nonvite". I like it!

• steve2
    steve2

Nice one - excellent response. I can see their befuddled looks.

JWs don’t know what to say to happy people. Every potential statement they could say would sound negative - so political correctness stops them from saying anything negative. And when you say, Whatever happens will happen, they’re robbed of an opportunity to “encourage” you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit