Dallas Apostates Get Thee Ready To Reggae!

by Valis 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

All my Dallas peeps might want to know that the Dallas Legends of Reggae Festival (Formerly the Bob Marley Festival) will be in town this weekend at the Annette Strauss Artist's Square. I will be there both days, probably all day as I take pics for them and host them online. It always makes for great fun because I make sure everyone I take pictures of gets the URl of the pics I take. It has become a great way for me to meet people and also make it more fun for them. Well, I thought maybe some of you might want to come down and join me. Many of you may not want to be out in the middle of the day, but the late faternoon might be more pleasant and bearable. Also, you can bring lawn chairs, but no coolers. Ah and they do serve beer BTW...not to expensive either. So, gimme a call if anyone wants to hook up....However if you decide to go on Sat or Sun and I'm not home, I doubt you will have a hard time finding me...*LOL* I think you would all have a great time. So many different people and cultures are represented. Also lots of vendors for you shoppers...Here are some pics of last year's fest....it was a great time...Hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Get Ready To Reggae" class

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Oh mon, we be goin out on a daaate night Saturday to a rest'rant. Got de baaabysidder for the kids. But I will have some rum and pineapple juice for ya and tink de nice laid back toughts.

• Valis
    Valis

Ya mon...dat be soundin good for old lady an yous..Mebe on Sunday...BTW it is very kid friendly..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Red Stripe" Class

• Matty
    Matty

Doh! I wish I could be there! Have a great time Valis!

...Remember friends in reggae circles DUB MUSIC does not mean Kingdom Melodies, you won't be hearing "From House to House" or anything like that! It means Mad Professor, King Tubby, Augustus Pablo, Scientist etc... All wicked stuff, and particularly good with a herbal cigarette or two...

• Valis
    Valis

Matty....I an I know what yous sayin..we usually have quite a few local bands and the ones that tour wit da show..they also have a part of the fest where dub music is being mixed all the time and several small stages too...so good stuff fo sho...Have a good day.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

OH I wish I could be there! Too bad I'm in RI, but I am finally going to Negril Jamaica for the first time in December and I can't wait!!! Hope you have a blast and have plenty of the herb and dance your ass off--we'll be thinking of you.

Namaste

Rebekah

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i'm GREEN with envy right now!!

Have fun :)

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Beckyboop:

Negril Jamaica - you'll love it. I got married there at the Sandals resort in 1998. The beaches are fantastic.

Valis:

About 20 years ago at a club on Greenville, I saw Eddy Grant (Electric Avenue). What happened to him? Is he still recording?

(For non Dallasites, Greenville is a street known for it's old homes nearby, restaurants and clubs.)

• smurfette
    smurfette

Why must I live on the other side of the country in the land of 10,000 polka bands! Why!

Have a great time guys! I am way jealous! The biggest thing happening in our area this weekend is "Separate Ways a tribute to Journey" Uhg!

• Valis
    Valis

Go to page three I think for naughty bits...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit