Assimilation day: Imitate Jokeovah!

by Darkknight757 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freddo
    freddo

19 baptised is disappointingly high! Lol.

What was the attendance please?

Was this mainstream USA? Or something unusual about the area?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Witnessmyfury I could read it fine....its brilliant, I love it!!!
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

This is a USA convention, nothing special.

Attn: was 2350 roughly.

Any thoughts on my hidden question?

At Jesus baptism "the heavens were opened up." Was this the clouds parting as I think OR did Jesus remember his pre-human existence as J-dubs believe?

• freddo
    freddo

Thanks Darkknight, actually 2350 is "big" for a circuit assembly round my way. Ours are usually about 900. So your 19 equates to about 0.8%.

So size for size that would be like our circuit assembly day having 7 baptised which would be higher than usual but not exceptional.

As for your question - the parts of the bible I still believe are relevant I tend to go with literal rather than anything beyond.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    I'm thinking literal as well Freddo. They add this belief to Jesus baptism possibly to help establish his being Gods son rather than God the son. Not that I'm a believer, I'm more agnostic that is leaning toward atheist these days anyways. The only talking animal I believe ever existed was the famous Mr. Ed.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Matthew 3:16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him.
    -Did this mean that Jesus pre human memories were restored or did the clouds just open up?

Well it reads like a bloody great pigeon landed on Jesus' head.
  • hoser
    hoser
    I went to the assembly last weekend I noticed a lot of people there that I hadn't seen in a while. Fence sitters. Our crappy economy is bringing people back to the fold.
  • Lieu
    Lieu

I would think Jesus knew of his previous human existence growing up. When he was 12 and his parents, after searching, found him back at the Temple; he definitely knew something then. I would think his parents would mention something so significant.

The baptism was when he received the holy spirit and with it the power to perform miracles and forgive sin. The clouds parting and such was simply confirmation from God for the onlookers. There were people constantly waiting there to see who John (the baptizer) kept talking about.

He already knew who he was. When fully, who knows.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

The other significant thing about this assembly was the CO's almost constant use of the term "the true God". It was crazy how many times he made reference to Jokeovah being the only true God.

edit: perhaps it is his way to grind it into the minds of people, much like cults do.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Use resources wisely? Putting aside funds for the Worldwide Damnation Fund is NOT using resources wisely. First, your basic needs need to be financed. After that, practical necessities. This group includes things that may not have been needed in earlier times but today are practical necessities. Cars, the Internet, and cell phones are in this category.

After that, it is up to you. I do advocate sensible amounts of luxury. Gambling should be done below your means if at all--responsible gambling is no worse than going to that super-expensive sports game. I also encourage all that can afford to invest to at least have some physical silver and/or gold. This will protect the value of your wealth.

Now, if you think you can afford to donate or you have already decided to put aside funds for this, think again. I recommend holding onto that money, and at the end of the month, go to your favorite coin shop or bullion dealer. Put that money into silver coins, you get to choose which silver coins you want because you are going to keep them. Now, just imagine a whole year, or 20 years, of this and what a stack of silver you can accumulate if you quit donating to the Worldwide Damnation Fund.

Also, do NOT quit your job simply because you can't get off for the Grand Boasting Session. Doing that is stupidity, since joke-hova is not going to provide for you. You can go to another if you really must. Also, I have had little problem finding YouTube videos of whole programs. You want to waste three whole days watching this? Go ahead and play those videos, or stream them and even burn them to DVD discs (you will have to split them into segments that fit on the discs). You can do that at your leisure, no quitting your job needed. Or, you can simply close out the browser or spit out the DVD 10 minutes into the program if you can't stand it. And no worrying about donating anything that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit