something funny happened on the way to November--

by waton 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Dio,

A full preterist would be someone who consistently believes all Bible prophecy has been fullfilled, in most cases by AD 70 (but as there is at least 30 kinds of full preterism, a few rare kinds use other datemarks). If you believe almost all prophecies have been fullfilled, that would make you a strong or partial preterist. I consider myself a strong preterist. This view obviously rejects Bible literalism, there is a strong emphasis on symbolism and a rejection of double fullfilment theory

• waton
    waton
    there is at least 30 kinds of full preterism

Joen: thank you, the fertility of the human mind, making connections between variant views of imprecise concepts of scripture and history.

I prefer the exact data of astronomy.

last week,s treatment of Col 1:13 at wt meeting shows, that they want to keep preterism at bay, none of their prophecies have been fulfilled.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

waton,

yes Bible prophecy interpretation will by nature involve speculation. Man does not live of bread alone (the tangible stuff) but certainly when WT and other dispensationalists says prophecy depending on your life is still future they should be more honest about their bending of Matt 23:34

• St George of England
    St George of England
    but the portion, what he is actually biblical doing right now, Col. 1:13 was never read or discussed. even the whole section of the book's article was not read!

The Congregation Bible Study was reduced in time this week to allow the 15 min item on Neutrality to replace the 5 min Local Needs item.

George

• waton
    waton
    The Congregation Bible Study was reduced in time this week

Thank you George, did not have that information as a casual bystander.

Very convenient to be able to cut and not paste the very inconvenient existing kingdom of the son's love that way.

It ranks with their splitting up bible verses to disrupt the thought processes, when their doctrine can not be shoehorned into what the bible really teaches

• waton
    waton
    they should be more honest about their bending of Matt 23:34

Joen: do you know how dishonest wt writers here really are ???

No, it is not the overlapping groups ending in 2075. no, it is not just that insanity,

It is a blatantly contradicting Jesus' words with their "rapture at the beginning of the Great Tribulation" prophecy. because

Jesus said: " This generation will not pass away until all has happened."

wt current doctrine says: the anointed generation will pass away to heaven at the beginning of that trouble.

will not survive the end as the anointed did in the first century.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Waton, I think the Christian CS Lewis called it the most embarrising verse in the Bible. Dispensationalists try to argue that the word for geversation really means race (the Jewish race) so JW is not alone with the twisting. It is a cornerstone verse in Preterism but not a verse I gave any thought before becoming one. Some Preterists believe there was a literal 1st century Rapture and the "bad ones" were left behind and corrupting the Church 🤫. Now that is a straight forward reading although with some implications. I think both the Canon Farrar and JS Russell (Yeah another Russell) believed so

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Waton, So the WTS had its own pretrib doctrine

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Most Full Preterist believe the great ressurection was corporal out of the dead body of judaism but thankfully some also believe it is IBV, individual

• BelisemDeBelimakom
    BelisemDeBelimakom

This chapter had another hidden gem.

"Didn't Stephen pray to Jesus before he died? (Acts 7:59) Why did he do that? Isn't it strange... What if one prays to Jesus in a similar condition?"

I was able to use it on some PIMIs in a friendly manner, "innocently". Sure, on impulse they will start researching WT publications for the answer but who knows what they may come up with...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit