Today's Daily Text - Being Uneducated And Ordinary... WTF!!!

by Divergent 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Spiral
    Spiral

This is so insulting to the rank and file, but they eat it up. So nice to know that being uneducated and unable to think for yourself is a virtue.

Growing up, the JWs were always proud of "learning" (granted, their type of learning, but still) and studying. I knew a brother that had notebooks full of his notes explaining various prophecies. He was a bit of a celeb in the congregation because of his studies. I wonder what he thinks of all of this dumbing down of doctrine.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"I'm still a little confused. Could you clarify the basic Jehovah's Witness doctrines a little more clearly."

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

This anti aspirational environment is poison to all those little boys and girls!

• Giordano
    Giordano

They like their sheep castrated and blind.

A short sentence that thoroughly describes the Rank and File JW's.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Now it is "The Watchtower For Dummies"... to the chagrin of the older ones who preferred their "spiritual food" meaty.
  • Scully
    Scully

"spiritual feeding program"

I've been binge-watching Dr. Who lately, and this phrase reminded me of all the nasty entities screaming "Hungryyyyyy!!!!!" "Feeeeeed Me!!!!!"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yes, it's a very sneaky and pathetic way to make the dum-dums there feel better about themselves!

I believe it is also to discourage them either from researching the Witness religion OR from enrolling in college!

They may as well have a motto: The only good Witness is an ignorant one!

• Scully
    Scully

BluesBrothers writes:

Now it is "The Watchtower For Dummies"... to the chagrin of the older ones who preferred their "spiritual food" meaty.

So true. It used to be that Bible study and reflection was encouraged and somewhat expected. Now it's like a herd of cattle being fed from a trough of slop.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Divergent”: If it has to be "refined" over and over again, how can it be called truth?

EXACTLY!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS defines spiritual strength as being confused and deluded but you must be obedient to them to garner Jehovah's praise and appeasement because they have self identified themselves as god's chosen ones........simple.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit