New Kingdom Halls in Strip Malls & Real Estate Listings

by 4thgen 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Greetings! I met with a JW today and they showed me a picture of the new style KH build. The building was located in a ***strip mall**** in Florida. Has anyone else seen it? I'm always amazed (and disgusted) at the new and inventive ways they think of expanding their real estate holdings.

Along that vein...I recently discovered this:

http://www.loopnet.com/locations/jehovahs-witnesses/properties/

• waton
    waton

commercial all the way, affordable, always well maintained, by free labour. in Florida, where?

• James Jack
    James Jack

Saw a Bunch of KH's, but not one in a Strip Mall.

• steve2
    steve2

Link not working. I get message "Access denied".

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

where's the one in the strip mall?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Access denied.

Are you suggesting they are building strip malls that include a kingdom hall, or they are leasing space in a strip mall?

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

That is crazy all of those KHs up for sale. I recognized one that I've actually seen in person. They really must be consolidating. Rapid contraction is now taking place.

And yes, the new KH designs look nothing like the traditional KH. They are very...erm...commercialesque in appearance. Certainly, if rapid contraction continues, the commercial ones will be much easier to sell or lease.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Heartsafire: Certainly, if rapid contraction continues, the commercial ones will be much easier to sell or lease.

Or to seize and convert to shopping centers:

"In St. Petersburg, the skin of a dead bear has already begun to be divided. Virtual. In business circles, the question of using the four most interesting from the business point of view is discussed - "Halls of kingdoms" on Luzhskaya street, 10, and Chernyakhovskogo street, 71, "Congress hall" on Kolomyazhsky avenue, 21, and "Management center" in Solnechny. In the first two cases, buildings can become small shopping centers without special restructuring."

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6260317501784064/russia-who-will-get-property-jehovahs-witnesses

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nice waste. How can any strip mall owner, who is trying to run a business, put up with a church of any type in the mall? Or, how can the other tenants, who are also trying to run their stores (often under directive of a district or regional manager that has quotas and will not budge on them) when a church is trying to get customers to join it? This will turn off lots of customers, regardless of which church (or mosque) it is. The more they push the religion on the public, the worse it will be--hence, a cat lick church is likely to be viewed as better than a jokehovian or mor[m]on one.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    WTWizard: Nice waste. How can any strip mall owner, who is trying to run a business, put up with a church of any type in the mall?

It has been happening in many places for several years. Strip mall churches are a thing

Are churches strip malls' salvation?

Coming to a Strip Mall Near You

Empty strip malls in Edmonton offer new homes for churches

For some, strip malls' salvation is found in churches

And for those who like social media, there is even a facebook page: Strip Mall Churches

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit