Watchtower Sues to Keep Convention Videos Off Internet

by Sea Breeze 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Letme just say ANYTHING I WRITE IS COPYRIGHT FREE! I beleive copyright goes a step to far. Yes we need to patent invetions songs, ideas, books etc. but if we all sat at home twiddling thumbs no one would improve anything!

Yes patent the original but F*** copyright let the next generation improve. (You are still regestered as the original :))

Now as for the topic of videos of conventions. this is a public venue where people are invited (not this year)so anyone can record. BTW the WT cannot tell a person when or when not to record in most developed conties.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Damn, they’re getting litigious lately, aren’t they?

Ten bucks says that soon Scientology is gonna sue the WTS...

...for cribbing from their playbook.

😏

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

How is it that a non for profit charity registered organization can copyright anything it publicly procedures to the open public ?

ummmm ???

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Vidiot - love the idea of Scientology suing WTS.

Now check this out - I just read this comment by a blogger -

I believe that in the Arab countries they have already plans to open up a ‘Chrislam’ centre in 2022...

If that blogger is right, there's going to be a new religion which involves Islam plus bits of Christianity - oh so very Watchtower.

Maybe Watchtower will start to call itself Chrislamic - and maybe Scientology will sue it.

Will there be new light that, with a bit of mathematical jiggerypokery suddenly gets the 7 times from 607 BCE landing on 570 CE the supposed birth of Mohammed?

All they gotta do is change the times in time, times and half a time from 2 to 6 and it's job done.

Place your bets folks. Will they, wont they?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Anna Maria ...

Fun fact...

...in Frank Herbert’s Dune novels, the monotheistic Christian religion observed by a number of characters seems to have Islamic elements.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Oh, I'm no film buff but I've seen trailers - that looks like Star Warsie kinda thing.

I guess the key Islamic element it doesn't have is a merchant called Mohammed/Splane/Lett/III who sets himself up as a profit and claims he met Gabriel.

Then he lays limp on the floor chants and comes up with the Watchtower - oops typo - Koran.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit