When will the inquiry in the UK begin?

by StarTrekAngel 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Does anyone know when the inquiry into child abuse in the UK is set to begin? Any idea on the timelines?
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Wow, in the UK?!

That will be BIG!!!

I hope it triggers some big, very publicized case here in the US.

DY

• fokyc
    fokyc

Already underway, started yesterday here:-

https://www.iicsa.org.uk/

9th March 2016

"The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse has today held its first preliminary hearing on the investigation into allegations of child sexual abuse involving Lord Greville Janner and the institutional responses to those allegations."

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

Hey,

Here are the links to the charity commission which started in 2014 looking at child sex abuse in the JW's and a link to the Goddard inquiry which hasn't announced anything regards JW's yet. We're waiting.

Charity Commission into JW's

Goddard inquiry into CSA

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I listened to the report on BBC radio about the destruction of documents by the WT. They said they may be facing a potential for criminal charge, unless they can legally prove that there was a reason to destroy the documents, despite the data protection act not demanding so and despite the inquiry having notified before hand to keep all documents.

The WT lawyers are not dumb. My feeling is that the legal implications of destroying the documents is much lesser than the legal implications of providing them. Sort of like when you are able to refuse a breathalyzer test because you know you are totally wasted and rather face a fine for refusal to comply.

• Mandrake
    Mandrake
    "man made justice"... the wt will be using it in its favour ...
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is the Charity Commission that are investigating the WTS of Britain . An excerpt from skedaddle's link:

The commission is investigating how Watch Tower safeguards children and adults at risk. It has been seeking access to the registered charity’s records since 2014. Watch Tower disputes the legal basis of the commission’s inquiry and its order seeking documents from the charity.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I think Canada might be next. :sunglasses:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit