The Watch Tower Generation

by waton 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton

It so happens that my grandfather and I share the same birthday; -- this month.

i lived with him from 1930 to ~ 1947. so, following the parenting pattern in our family, he would be born, be alive by ~ 1880, the same age as the "watchtower magazine" , therefore, you could say, we both lived in the wt era, right ? dare we say we belong to the wt generation,?

Our lives certainly overlapped, we just belonged to different groups.

Do you realize that David Splane's overlapping centenarians ( Fred, Franz like oldsters) will cover a similar time span like our family? his wt generation from 1914 to 2075?

It is great to have spend time in this universe.

PS: In another write today I misspelled watchtower as watch rover, a freudian slip, wt writers are certainly all over the time scale, always have been, if you watch them.

• dothemath
    dothemath

I’m sure there’s lots of witnesses have trouble reconciling Splane’s explanation. It gets really crazy if you apply the logic to someone like Methuselah, supposedly living for almost a thousand years.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I'm still struggling with the great flood. Can't figure it that science as a different explanation that throws the flood account out the window. The Bible seems to filled with mystery and unproven stories.

• waton
    waton
    ike Methuselah, supposedly living for almost a thousand years.dtm:

These very chaste people, did not have sons unul they were 80, 120 years old! but now, as mentioned in the OP, ---, with 20-30 years "overlap" , and condoms handed out in some primary schools---. anyway,

wt magazine is ~140 year old, In my family. people living to nearly 100, a 30 year overlap each to make a 2 group wt generation.

If groups dont overlap (or use contraceptives) they dont generate the next generation.

I think David & co was pulling our legs. still does.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

A generation should not be based on a few individuals that enjoy a long life (Fred Franz ) life expectancy if you were born in 1900 was 48 for a male and 51 for a female .

So it's just the org playing with numbers again to fit their cult teaching to manipulate and control people and extort more money.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Yep- after all was it not all about money for Watchtower!?!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Overrated says ......

The Bible seems to filled with mystery and unproven stories.

Thats because the ancients told stories to create power and relevance to their select gods.

The great flood told by the ancient Hebrews is an example of that.

Some ancient civilizations didn't scribe their stories into their language but made pictographs on their temples of worship, the intent was the same though.

• waton
    waton
    So it's just the org playing with numbers Fa -62.

yes, D.S. is in the chart charade using overlapping centenarians to push the end to 2075, but citing already old GB members to prove how close Armageddon, paradise is.

"last of the last days" in today's wt comments, but 175 years life for Abraham.
    keep your protection, your money, for wt is sometimes right, "religion is a snare and a racket."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has to lie and twist numbers to make themselves appear truthful and honest.

The reason for that is because the past leaders of this organization were not honest and truthful.

Doctrines such as 1914 were not based upon accurate bible interpretation but were propagated mostly for their usefulness in proliferating literature, which one could say it was successful.

The main problem with the JWS religion is that it is inherently founded upon false doctrines of theology..

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" The Bible seems to be filled with mystery and unproven stories."

Not one Bible Book was written to be taken totally literally, the Bible is 99% Fiction. There is little "mystery" in it when you read about the Writers' time, thinking, and their motive for writing the Book, or part of a Book , there are at least two authors in Isaiah for example.

When you start taking parts of the Bible literally, you are in deep water. It is like reading a Story about King Arthur, and some of "Merlin's" Prophecies about him, and believing the Story is literal, and the prophecies will come true !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit