$40,000.00 USD, and counting.....

by DATA-DOG 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I'm not sure if anyone is keeping track, but as of today, the WTBTS has spent $40,000.00 USD to avoid releasing sensitive documents to the Superior Authorities. That's $40,000.00 USD of "dedicated funds."

Are you a born-in JW? We're you forbidden to pursue "higher education?" If so, you probably fall into the "Lower Middle Class" income bracket. That's just about $40,000.00 USD. The WTBTS just spent your yearly income. How does that make you feel?

How much overtime did you work to pay the bills? How often did you, or you're spouse ( if you're married ), stress about money? How many arguments did you have that centered around income, or "simplifying" your life, or "making sacrifices to Jehovah?"

How often were you "reminded" about your "privilige" to "honor Jehovah with your valuable things?" How often did you hear "loving reminders" about "local expenses", or "the needs of the Circuit" and other such "reminders?"

What about your "Christian duty" to pay taxes? How's that going? Are you like me, paying back taxes because you tried to have a business and got screwed? All the while trying to balance your "privileges" with secular work, worrying about whether or not you were "doing your utmost?"

Tomorrow, the number rises to $44,000.00 USD. What could you do with that money? Could you pay off your debts? Could you start fresh? Would that incessant knot in your stomach disappear? Would you sleep easier, knowing that you could work a bit less next week?

Do you have medical bills? Perhaps monthly prescriptions to fill? Could you, or a less fortunate family member use $40,000.00 USD?

As the number continues to rise, just think about it. When you're still working your ass off next year, still in debt, just think about it. When you get that monthly call or text, asking for your service time, think about it. When you see the next WT mag that deals with greedy religions, or you watch a JW broadcast that "reminds" you to donate, just think about it.

If the Elders want to have a "shepherding call" becuase you work too much and miss "sacred meetings", think about the money the WTBTS is willing to spend, all to keep some letters from the hands of the Courts.

Oh yeah! Just think about $40,000.00 USD +, when you see the GB with their suits and shiny jewelry on JWTV, and when you watch their new flashy propaganda films too. I wonder how much that cost?

DD

• blondie
    blondie

Does the WTS have to pay up $1,000 each day, an escrow account? Or are they fighting this in another court and stalling payment?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Blondie, this is all I know.

http://m.sandiegoreader.com/news/2016/jun/24/ticker-judge-sanctions-jehovahs-witnesses/?templates=mobile

If this story is accurate, the WTBTS is being fined $4,000.00 USD per day. Are they paying it now, or is it going to be collected later, I don't know? They are, however, willing to spend it.

DD

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

There's a fine counter on this page:

http://jwsurvey.org/news/news-bulletin-watchtower-found-in-contempt-of-court-hit-with-4000-fine-per-day-until-it-complies-with-court-order

• zeb
    zeb

How long will this go on? They will not reveal and have an endless pot of money to dig into. Their actions are in the 'contempt' class (!) and needs be treated as such.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Its called theocratic warfare. The cost of war is staggering.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    How long will this go on? They will not reveal and have an endless pot of money to dig into. Their actions are in the 'contempt' class (!) and needs be treated as such.

My understanding is that this is only the first round of fines meant to motivate them to comply with the court order. They get this for a month (so $120,000 in fines in this first round) and then the court will reassess if further action needs be taken. If they don't comply, the fines will likely escalate up until the court gives up and the last sanction is basically to bar them from making a defense, which previously resulted in a $13.5 million judgement against them. The previous judgement was shot down on appeal because the judge didn't try lesser sanctions first. This time they'll have much less chance of winning an appeal due to the slower progression of the penalties.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So, there is a limit on the amount they will be fined, is that correct? The maximum fine is $120,000.00? Am I understanding things correctly?

DD

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

No, the $120,000 fine is just the first round. If they don't comply, the court will likely increase the fines going forward. It only gets worse for them.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Let me get this right. Is the judge ordering the list of names on the list from "the holy grail list" That list that Watchtower is protecting under lock and key for all these years?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit