Only a few days ago I was entirely lost and without hope the rug was pulled out from under me

by elderess 92 Replies latest jw friends

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Unicorns are hard to find, finding two of them in the same bed, that's much harder.

You've won the lottery, and looks like you're going to spend your fortune well. Congrats to you both and welcome to the real world!

• Harvard Illiterate 411
    Harvard Illiterate 411

I know this is elderess thread but I feel like I have benefited as well. So many awesome replies and there is so much to learn about the JW history. I just got finished reading Barbara Anderson's short essay and it literally blew me away, reminding me of the unsavory things I knew took place in Bethel but I dismissed as "imperfect men" and minor problems compared to the whole organization. Was I ever wrong about that! Big mistake!

http://freeminds.org/women/barbdiscovery.htm

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    John Aguila, is this YOU, but in female form? Sounds too good to be true. I hope it is true, but the long windedness and flat-out "whooper" writing style seem very similar. C'mon John, I know you're out there somewhere!
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I just noticed this post has 97 likes! I've never seen that before!WC, her story is too genuine to be made up, and she doesn't write like John Aquila. It IS a very good story and has brightened the week of many of us. I wrote a PM and she didn't respond, hope she comes back and tells us what's happening with her kids and how they decided to proceed.
  • My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ elderess:

Wow! Both of you are awake. That is fantastic!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    You lovely Lady.... I started getting weepy just reading your post, I want to give you a huge HUG. I think it's wonderful that you have so many positive plans! Please though do take care and take it slow! It will be wonderful if you guys get to spend some wonderful time together as a couple instead of beating yourselves up working for the society. I'm sure you will make many many friends volunteering for charity.... and making a real positive difference. Do whatever you must to keep your family and your good conscience, I feel for you - I've been there as have many. ❤️
  • Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Elderess,

Welcome to the forum! What a moving intro! I am so happy that you have found the real truth and that you and your husband are both together in your journey. My husband did not respond so lovingly to my doubts when I approached him about it. To this day he is hateful and resentful towards me for losing faith in this man made organization (even though I have never officially left, I am merely a fader).

What it comes down to is that those of us who value honesty and truth--real truth--not lies or propaganda--are the ones who are waking up and making our way out. Congratulations again. You are never alone. PM me if you want a friend to talk to at any time.

HAF

• mamacita29
    mamacita29

Wow again! This could be the first thread with over 100 likes!

But I just want to congratulate you and your husband on your awakening. I almost cried reading this and it reminded me of a dear sister in my hall and her inspirational story. So many marriages were ruined because of this cult but eventually thanks to the internet and the freedom of information people can learn the truth about anything.

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Elderess,

Forgive me if it's already been asked and answered, but what info did the email from the sister contain that helped you to wake up? I am trying to help my husband wake up, and maybe the things you saw would help him.

HAF

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire
    Ok, I found your previous post about what was in that email. The whole Geoffrey Jackson lying to the ARC was a biggie for me too. This religion is such a sick cult. It's good to hear that you and your husband know ttatt and are making plans for your future:-).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit