Self-Driving vehicles and delivery robots - why?

by FadeToBlack 32 Replies latest social current

• prologos
    prologos
    self driving car and f1 thread still side by side, I will spoil that: it is also car design, if a F 1 driver can survive a 200mph crash, why so many death in low speed accidents? for one, include head restraints for toddlers, like in F1, double shoulder belts for adults.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Self-Driving vehicles and delivery robots - why?"

Because deep down inside, we all secretly want to be Resistance fighters in the War against the Machines, someday. :smirk:

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@prologos: good point. Unfortunately, if a few lower income folks die on the road to Nirvana, it is not really such a big thing (for the big guys). That is why we always see the trickle-down effect for safety features from high end autos bought by the wealthy down to the plebes (possibly).

Disclaimer: as interesting as the technology is and the many good reasons for pursuing it, I don't think it will ever happen as envisioned. The current experiment with debt-based, global capitalism is running on fumes. I'm expecting a major reset. The depression that happened in the 1930's will seem like a walk in the park compared to what is coming. We should have started preparing for a softer landing, many years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit