A single Bible verse that explains everything—hope even to the disfellowshipped

by Abraham1 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Aby - I don't see how splurging copy paste actually helps. I say this because in my personal experience as a bloke that left the jobos, it would not help.

What would have helped me? 1-2-1 dialogue not based around someone's own interpretation (or borrowed interpretation), of what the Bible says.

Why? Because the WBT$ had already hoodwinked me into believing someone else's opinions. Perhaps it's the British mind.

People like me are great blokes, mate.

• Abraham1
    Abraham1

I am using the same reasoning for many years and also helped some to come out of JWs.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Aby - I hope you help many more to escape the Jobos

• Abraham1
    Abraham1

Thank you for the good wishes. Have a great day.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@ Abraham1

Why does anyone have to know or believe anything about Jesus or Paul. Just do good works and be kind and all will be well at and after Armageddon - right? I mean, all are coming back in the resurrection because of what Jesus accomplished, so why do we need to believe anything about him or about God. Just carry on doing good stuff...no?

Sounds like Abraham1's gospel but not Jesus' or Paul's.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

You know what gives even more hope: the fact you aren’t judged for evil or good, there is nobody ‘out there’ that is observing you and threatening to punish you after you die. Just live your life, do the best you can to leave a positive impact and you’ll be happy,

• Badfish
    Badfish
    Sin can be cancelled [yə·ḵup·par] by acts of goodness such as kindness [bə·ḥe·seḏ] and faithfulness, and sin can be avoided in loving remembrance [ū·ḇə·yir·’aṯ] of God.

You are preaching a false gospel—just like the JWs.

You’ve been brainwashed into believing that all churches are part of false religion. But once your eyes are finally opened, you will be able to recognize the true gospel in an instant, and you’ll easily spot lies wherever you see them.

We are not saved by our own works. Otherwise, Christ died for no reason at all. If your own works had anything to do with your salvation, you would be doomed. That’s the whole reason you need a Savior.

https://youtu.be/Wh1VU-_OF98

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    We are not saved by our own works. Otherwise, Christ died for no reason at all. If your own works had anything to do with your salvation, you would be doomed. That’s the whole reason you need a Savior.

Amen to that!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    "Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for;
    through the fear of the LORD evil is avoided.” (Proverb 16:6, NIV)

Abraham1,

You are making the same mistake the WT does. You are taking an OT scripture and applying it to a NT age, and thus making Christ sacrifice for us personally unnecessary.

When that scripture was written, Israelites already had a national contract with God mediated by Moses for the forgiveness of sins. The contract guaranteed the survival of the nation of Israel (its existence today is a glaring testimony to that fact); Within that legal umbrella an individual could be saved if they put faith in the vicarious sacrificial system to do what it claimed to do.

Even so, it was still the act of faith that saved a person and not the ritual itself. If a person gamed the system and used it as a "get out of jail free card", it wouldn't work. The rich man still found himself in hell in Jesus' account of him and the beggar Lazarus.

For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us - 1 Cor. 5: 7

In the Church Age, Jesus is the Passover lamb that was sacrificed in our place for our sin (not Adam's or anyone elses).

Just like in the previous contract, putting faith in anything else, even your own good deeds will be rejected. There is no fire insurance policy a person can buy under the NT contract. Everything has already been paid. Take it or leave it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit