The Law of Unintended Consequences

by Londo111 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lieu
    Lieu

First mistake is thinking the GB have a flock.

Second, is thinking any sheep roaming about belong to them.

That's the problem. People thinking hired workers are actually the CEO.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Talesin:
    I agree. Disfellowshipping is a great anti-witness. Many who thought JWs were just some nice people and didn't see beyond the carefully crafted image now know the real truth.
  • sir82
    sir82

By discouraging higher learning the JW's are now listed as the least educated religion in the USA in the Pew Survey.

And thus, they are not qualified for well-paying jobs.

Thus, they have little disposable income.

Thus, they don't contribute to the WTS.

Thus, the WTS is forced to close branches, lay off Bethelites & special pioneers, and screechingly halt nearly all major construction projects, due to lack of funds.

• Hecce
    Hecce
    The people in the knowing, what I will call mature are not buying the divinity of the GB. For the majority of them the DS doctrine was already suspicious and if you kill that one then you are stabbing the new understanding. The personalities of the GB are so weird that they are not likable or persuasive.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "And thus, they are not qualified for well-paying jobs. Thus, they have little disposable income. Thus, they don't contribute to the WTS. Thus, the WTS is forced to close branches, lay off Bethelites & special pioneers, and screechingly halt nearly all major construction projects, due to lack of funds."

This, to me, is one of the more ironic aspects of the WTS's apparent decline.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SIR 82:

I couldn't have said it better!

And to ADD to that law of unintended consequences: the laid-off volunteers you mentioned end up back in the congregations face to face with working rank & file JWs they sneered at !! They imagine these r&f are going to give them money. Wrong again. The rank & file are either broke OR they have a long memory, like I would, and wouldn't give a dime to these people.

I was the single woman criticized for working full-time and not considered "spiritual enough" and gossiped about. I was not invited to special gatherings. I had to listen to unkind remarks about "materialism" from people who didn't have a clue.

The unintended consequence of all this unchristian behavior is that I am not interested in Jehovah's Witnesses or their hard-luck stories. Now it is MY turn to run from them. How's that for unintended consequences?

• dontfitin
    dontfitin

I think that the policy of treating all DFd persons the same, regardless of whether they are anti-Witness or promote other doctrine, results in an increase in the unintended consequence of more "apostasy".

Think about it: If they said you could still casually associate with those who just left the religion but keep their mouth shut, and the only ones who were seriously shunned were the ones who were speaking out against the Witnesses or against doctrine, how many people would be choosing to keep their mouths shut for the sake of maintaining their friends and family?

But as of now, it doesn't matter. Everyone DFd is lumped the same. So why not say what you want if you get DFd? Why not make youtube videos and hold protest signs?

If the WT was smart, they could be using that to their advantage, the way they use DFing now to keep people in. They could also use it to keep people who have left in line.

• zeb
    zeb

Assumptions of "what the society says" (how often have you heard that..) are legion. Take assume and with that the absence of critical thought or education..

QED

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit