Jonah's success, J-dubs failure in preaching.

by Darkknight757 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I also love how the society proves that the people of Nineveh converted...

Note para 9 of chapter 14 of Imitation Faith:

“9 Some critics express doubt that such a change of heart could have occurred so quickly among the Ninevites. However, Bible scholars have noted that a movement of that kind was not out of keeping with the superstitious and volatile nature of people of such cultures in ancient times. Further, we know that such critics are mistaken, for Jesus Christ himself later referred to the repentance of the Ninevites. (Read Matthew 12:41.) Jesus knew what he was talking about, for he had been alive in heaven to witness those events as they unfolded. (John 8:57, 58) The truth is, we should never assume that it is impossible for people to repent—no matter how vicious they may seem to us. Only Jehovah can read what lies within the human heart.”

So how do we know this is an actual historical event? Because Jesus said so....

Really, because Jesus said so????? This coming from the same book that says green vegetation was created one whole creative "day" before the sun. The same book that has talking animals. The same chapter of a book that claims a man can live in a fish for 3 days. I smell pooh pooh.😷

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Could it be - hmm - Satan!

:)
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    dbq407
    The gb can tell the flock anything they want and they just eat it up. Critics, historians, professionals are always wrong, unless their views actually support what the gb says.
    My sentiments exactly!
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    This writing is just obvious proof that most of The writings in the bible are just per propaganda.
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    I told a Lutheran guy I work with about Jonah and the fish and he can't believe wts takes this literally. LOL
  • dbq407
    dbq407
    someone also made the comment last night that Jonah after being spit out of the fish, would have been scared to make god angry again and that he would go to Ninevah because god could use anything to eat him, such as a horse. I was like wtf?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit