World's oldest person Emma Morano dies at 117

by jp1692 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jp1692
    jp1692

The world's oldest person has died in Italy at the age of 117, reports say.

Emma Morano was born on 29 November 1899 in the Piedmont region of Italy. She was officially the last person born in the 1800s still living.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39610937

• waton
    waton

that is an amazing achievement, even for the care takers. There must be something to being a lady, live in that latitude, (the french record holder lived in the general region too) The genetic make up of the southern Europeans. wish I could live that long too.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Amazing! Yesterday I was on a party and spoke to a person who's father also was born in 1899, but in this case it took an overlapping generation, not a single person like Emma Morano to reach the current year 2017.

• doofdaddy
  • jp1692
    jp1692

Even the Wikipedia article about Mbah Gotho expresses doubts about his age:

Robert Young of the Gerontology Research Group said the claimed age was "fiction", "unbelievable" and "in the same category as Sasquatch ["Bigfoot"], the Yeti, and the Loch Ness Monster".

• waton
    waton
    Loch Ness Monster --- comment: and Methuselah, that's why it is wise to have a culture that keeps accurate records, and celebrates birthdays, Those candles actually would mark time to failed wt prophecies. " Millions now living will never die" Emma was 18 when that was the wt slogan worldwide, for years.

To put her accomplishment in perspective, if you are a normal healthy senior, in your late 80s, you would have to live another 30 years in good care, with good finances (perhaps not with alot of big sudden money). Have a loving family. There was news, just across the Alps that a crowbar was used by a grandson to get at his grandfather's inheritance money, and not to pry open a treasure chest either.

Thanks to all her caregivers in her behalf.

PS: wish we had a couple of millions of these Emmas and Jeannes around, then that 1918 wt prophecy would come true, and true without wt going into the overlapping mode.

These 2 ladies probably partook of the Emblems bsw. at least the bread.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I wish I could live that long too

I don't know...the article said she had caregivers and that she hadn't left her 2 room apartment in over 20 years. Alive yes, but I can't imagine that could have been very pleasant for her.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Very last of the last generation that would not pass away is now dead.

• waton
    waton
    she hadn't left her 2 room apartment in over 20 years.

Pete Z: but may be she had all the amenities in it, a lift to set her doen into her bath? The main thing is a healthy mind, which often goes with a functioning body.

Look at Hawking, a mind trapped in that body, not pleasant to look at, but trying to soar, correcting past dead end thinking, theories even.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Looks like the generation of 1914 is dwindling fast LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit