I've been shot

by FatFreek 2005 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I had my "vaccine" back last March or April. It is the Quercetin Plus Exposure To the Virus vaccine, where I simply started taking quercetin plus relatively sloppy protection against the virus itself. I got exposure to whatever coronavirus was out there, and the quercetin prevented any infection that would have shown symptoms. And this exposure leaves me immune--as if there was no coronavirus at all.

Side effects? Hardly any, unless you count potentially lower blood pressure as a side effect. No, not drastically lower blood pressure. But, reducing "You need to start taking medication" blood pressure to "We need to watch it"--or "We need to watch it" to "Your blood pressure is a touch high normal, but within normal range". Or perhaps preventing the need for drugs for a while. Not bad for something I primarily take to immunize myself against coronavirus while waiting for a dangerous vaccine to become mandatory for something that, for me, would be nothing more than a stupid little cold.

• ReadOnly
    ReadOnly
    mRNA technology used in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines that introduce a genetic code into your DNA

No, mRNA vaccines do not change DNA at all.

Messenger RNA is normally produced by the body, based on DNA. It is a 'messenger' (hence the name) that brings the instructions contained in DNA to ribosomes. The ribosome will then manufacture the proteins encoded in the mRNA.

An mRNA vaccine exploits this process. The RNA in the vaccine tells immunity cells to manufacture certain proteins that look exactly like the virus proteins.

The immune system will see these virus-look-alike-proteins as 'foreign' and attack them. In the process the immune system has learned how these proteins look and how to fight them.

Then if ever the real virus is introduced into the body, the immune system doesn't waste any time because it already recognizes the virus and knows how to fight it.

• millie210
    millie210

Hope you get a fine day and get to play golf!

• DesirousOfChange
  • Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

I think that I want some of the same vaccine these husky nurses got. Which vaccine was it, I wonder? I suppose that if it is no longer available, then I may have to force myself up off this couch and do an extra trip or two to the refrigerator just for the exercise -- but ONLY if it will give me muscles like them there nurses.

• Simon
    Simon

There's also a new Johnson and Johnson vaccine which is a single shot, storable in normal fridges with a long shelf life and tests appear to show it is very effective (possibly as effective as the other vaccines).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit