My 2018 convention review (BR)

by Ray Frankz 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

So this years convention was all about:

1) Neutrality means not taking sides. JWs must not HAVE any opinions about politics, even if it affects you or your job or your social class directly.

also

1) it's ok if we get involved with politics like begging to politicians to defend the Watchtower properties.

2) We Jehovah's Witness are the ones who study and get the Bible right and we are proud to teach the truth to others

also

2) You don't really need to teach anything, just send a link to our website. ;)

3) Unbelievers are the worst. Do not spend a second of your time with them if it's not obligated by the society.

also

3) If you try to convert them every single time you talk to them they will like you more. They are fluffy clouds of love when they see you are trying to convert them.

4) One day, in the near future, we will get in the Great Tribulation. There, maybe the GB give you instructions that may not make sense from a human standpoint but you must obey anyway.

also

4) Grat Tribulation? Why to wait? We are giving nonsense instructions right now like separating families to different congregations just because of business logistic. And you know, right? Obey!

5)If you leave the org, you will die and it's your fault.

also

5) If you see something wrong in the org, warn the org about this, the org deny there's something wrong, you get pissed, the org shun you, you leave the org, the org fix the thing that the own org said wasn't wrong, you die too. And, it's of course your fault.

• carla
    carla

"If you try to convert them every single time you talk to them they will like you more"-

• jp1692
    jp1692

JWs must not have ANY opinions.”

There, I fixed it for you.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

6) We are the most educated people in the world! (ha ha ha ha ha when I heard this )

• whathappened
    whathappened

Someone posted on facebook that they said JWs are supposed to just about shun anyone who is no a JW.

Is this true? Even family members, the FB poster was saying.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Someone posted on facebook that they said JWs are supposed to just about shun anyone who is no a JW.
    Is this true? Even family members, the FB poster was saying.

Not quite. They never came out and said that but it was implied that even being friendly at work, going out to lunch or happy hour with workmates could lead to bad things like thinking for yourself. The also mentioned that spending a lot of time with "worldly" family members could be bad for you spiritually as well, instead try to convert all the time.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Thanks for your response. The reason I ask is I am being shunned by my daughter and son in law/not allowed to see my grandson but...my son in law's father is a non believer/atheist/secular person and they hang out with him all the time.

Thanks again for your help.

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

Thank you for your report Ray Frankz. Yep, the organisation is going more and more down the hill. Poor children who are raised in such a crazy environment. When this great tribulation will come I hope all JW parents will be punished first for being plainly stupid and uneducated

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

IOW...

We are Borg

We are Borg

We are Borg

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow...it seems that they are getting more and more desperate!

Is it because we are all "out" now that this sort of rhetoric stands out as the trash it is? Or is the GB getting more intense and desperate??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit