Ramapo Accepting Public Comment On Proposed Jehovah’s Witnesses HQ In Sloatsburg

by AndersonsInfo 11 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

https://rcbizjournal.com/2021/05/18/ramapo-now-accepting-public-comment-on-proposed-jehovahs-witnesses-hq-in-sloatsburg/

May 18, 2021

A DEIS Hearing Will Be Held May 26; Public Comments Period Ends June 21

By Tina Traster

The Town of Ramapo will be accepting public comment on the proposed new World Headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses Audio/Video Production Center now that the DEIS (Draft Environmental Impact Statement) is complete. There is a DEIS hearing on May 26 and public comments will be accepted until June 21.

The 1.7 million square-foot project, known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, is slated for 155 Sterling Mine Road in largely Sloatsburg and partly in Tuxedo in Orange County. Of the 249 acres, 242 are located in Ramapo; the balance is in Tuxedo. The Tuxedo portion of land will be used for secondary driveway access.

The religious order, known as the Worldwide Order of Special Full Time Servants of Jehovah’s Witnesses, is hoping to build an A/V production center with audio and video production studios and facilities to support operations of the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses. The facilities include offices, maintenance and set production workshops, and a central chilled/hot water plant with geothermal heat recovery system. Accommodations for resident staff include 645 residential units (545 one-bedroom and 100 studio units), dining/assembly spaces, recreation/wellness/fitness facilities, and a clinic.

The project also includes a Visitors Center, which would welcome the public to the campus and offer Bible-related exhibits as well as exhibits on the activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

The proposal would rezone the portion of the project site within the Town of Ramapo to a new MU-3 Mixed-Use Zoning District to permit the applicant to develop an integrated residential and commercial campus.

The Ramapo portion of the project site was previously subdivided into 293 lots for the “Sterling Mine Road Active Adult Community,” which was commonly known as the “Lorterdan Project.” No physical improvements were made to the property following the subdivision approval.

READ MORE: https://rcbizjournal.com/2021/05/18/ramapo-now-accepting-public-comment-on-proposed-jehovahs-witnesses-hq-in-sloatsburg/

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Barbara:

Thank you for the update!

Atlantis!

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Thanks, Barbara.

Official site: jw-avcenter.org

The question remains: What's to happen with the other one already built?

Mount Ego Video Production Facility, Brewster, NY

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Hey, is it weird or what that when I posted Watchtower's new project link, a DOLLAR SIGN shows up in front of it?

Funny not ha-hah funny, but curious funny.

Take a look at all their business partners in this "green new deal" and it starts to make sense.

• Gorb
    Gorb

It will be more and more a virtual religion.

Gorby

• Biahi
    Biahi

It will be interesting to see the public comments. 😈

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

So the new audio/video media center is gonna be built in Orange County...

...which is immediately adjacent to Los Angeles...

...otherwise known as "Hollywood".

Ten bucks says that if they follow through on it, it gets sold to a mainstream movie or TV studio (for a profit) within a decade. You gotta admit, it's a step up from flipping Kingdom Halls.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I like your reasoning Vidiot ,when I first read this I thought wTF ?

I think you nailed it.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Correct me if I’m wrong, Vidiot. I think this studio is in New York State.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

"The 1.7 million square-foot project, known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, is slated for 155 Sterling Mine Road in largely Sloatsburg and partly in Tuxedo in Orange County. Of the 249 acres, 242 are located in Ramapo; the balance is in Tuxedo. The Tuxedo portion of land will be used for secondary driveway access."

So is the property in Sloatsburg and Tuxedo or Ramapo and Tuxedo?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit