What's your degree of anti-JWness?

by Landy 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Landy
    Landy

Landy has a tendency for pseudo-intellectual dick measuring, just like Richard Oliver and Fisherman.

<waves>

• Landy
    Landy

Interesting topic. I would first ask what exactly do you mean by anti-JW.

How much a poster dislikes the WTBS I suppose. For whatever reason.

As others have posted, it's not that in black and white. I have no respect for the WT organization, and other than this forum I don't think much about it (unless I have to talk about my upbringing). I'm not in a campaign against them, and I'm not interested in convincing anyone about what I believe, nor my stand or opinions about them. Also, since I am in the USA, I protect their right to exist as a religious organization, as that's how I protect mine.

That's pretty much me. I haven't been to a meeting for over twenty years and I haven't really given them a thought until I got sucked in to this place. Now I stay just to piss off data dog ;)

More importantly, to me being anti-JW means keeping them in my life, which is the opposite of what I prefer to do. In order for me to be "anti" them, I need to keep myself updated with whatever nonsense they come up with. My path is about minimizing their influence and relevance in my life, so remaining up to date and keeping up with their crap creates a negative impact in my well being.

Again that's what I feel. Coming here does me no favours tbh. It's almost as if I'm an ex-jw again :(

We are different people, with different experiences, even as JWs we had different experiences. They treat women differently, they treat the LGBTQ differently, they treat children differently, so the degree of influence is different. Hence, your scale may not make sense as you presented it. Though I think this is an interesting topic.

I think that's what I'm trying to get at. The most common emotion on here seems to be bitterness. If some one is DF'd or similar then they are going to be a lot more anti-jw than I am as someone who simply stopped going. I agree that it's perhaps not a simple as a 1-10 scale but a person's feelings toward the JWs can be a cummulative amalgam of all their experiences and feelings.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Wasn't there a thread similar to this a few months ago!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Landy: When you start using terms like that (innocent children) you lose me. Can a child who's been the victim of abuse be anything other than innocent?
    You've used the term for effect to bolster your argument. It's unnecessary.

Really, then you based your entire thread on such an "unnecessary" bolstering term that showed your true colors:

Landy: So, on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is absolutely pro-JW, 5 is neutral and 10 is youtubing nutjob apostate, where do you stand?

Why isn't a 1 an "absolutely nutjob pro-JW" but a 10 includes such terms as nutjob as a qualifier? Data-dog nailed you. I believe somewhere on here fisherman and Richard Oliver are having a compassion-less technicality orgy and your presence is likely requested. It shows a lot that you would nitpick at the terms used to compassionately describe children while inserting your own in other contexts. You really know what the important things are, don't you.

Just for the sake of answering the question, removing the word nutjob that was merely there to indicate Landy's own prejudices, I vacillate between a 7 and 9, most likely, depending on my mood that day and what has hit me. I have no plans to be an activist, i.e. a 10 and to go all in, but I like to help people that are trying to leave and I do hate the organization that I left some days.

• Landy
    Landy

Putting aside your ad hominem bollocks, I do accept your point. No. 1 on the scale should have been described as a nut job, Steven Lett loving JW.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I don't think that I would say I am anti, or opposed.

I'm not a witness as i'm not convinced anymore of what they are preaching. At times I have to explain or defend my views in relation to having been a JW. and sometimes on this site I have posted things and read things that i have found helpful.

As to what JW's do or don't do isn't of too much concern to me.

I have watched the video's of the ARC and feel glad not to be part of it anymore and hope that more care and help can be given to those who have suffered hurt.

I would think that from the perspective of the JW I'm opposed.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I'm a 9. To me a 10 would be someone who dedicates himself 24/7 to anti-witnessing.

Back in the 1980s I distributed my own self-made anti-Witness flyers in a neighborhood 90% filled with JWs. It was only when they got under my skin though.

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

probably a 3 Landy- I do agree with much that they say......but have no love for the 2 witness rule or their stand on homosexuality.

• zophar
    zophar

You often hear, "Hate the sin not the sinner." That' kind of sums up my feelings regarding the organization vs the individual JW.

Label me 6.5

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

Hate the sinner not the sinned is good- kinda sums up me really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit