Watchtower Study 23rd August

by BluesBrother 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The subject is searching for lost sheep. How do the congregation view the inactive ones who no longer associate? Not with disdain, we are told but as lost sheep “still our brothers “ It is said that God loves them and they too must do what they can to help them.

Why have we strayed ? It is suggested we had personal problems, had to work long hours or simply became depressed ( it is alway us, isn’t it , never the result of their faulty teachings and the application of a working mind to what they say.)

it seems also that we are very unhappy in our state. Examples are given of those who slipped out but dearly wanted to come back . If that is true of some, they should never have left.

This picture completes the article, but there is more next week. The picture is meant to show an ex sister on a bus looking wistfully at a Witness couple in service in the street with a trolley . She apparently envies them and wishes she were with them.

What words would you put in her mouth?

• Room 215
    Room 215

"There but for the grace of God go I" ... or something like that.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    3 Many of these dear brothers and sisters who have become inactive do come back to the congregation, where they are most welcome! Jehovah wants them to come back, and so do we. (1 Pet. 2:25) How can we help? Before we answer that question, it would be good to know why some stop attending meetings and sharing in the ministry.

Some have become absorbed in secular work.

Some brothers and sisters are overwhelmed by problems.

Some of Jehovah’s servants have felt hurt by a fellow believer.

Or a guilty conscience may torment a person who has broken God’s law in the past, making him feel unworthy of God’s love.

The writer of Psalm 73 became discouraged when he observed how the wicked seemed to flourish. He questioned whether doing God’s will was worthwhile.

The prophet Elijah fled from Queen Jezebel. (1 Ki. 19:1-3) He thought that nobody else was serving as a prophet for Jehovah, and he felt that his work had served no purpose. Elijah became so depressed that he wanted to die.

THE REAL REASONS SOME STOP SERVING JEHOVAH the organization?

boring and repetitive meetings, 140 years of failed predictions, the disfellowshipping and cruel treatment of former members, pedophile lawsuits, constantly being reminded you're never doing enough for the organization, jealousy, and infighting among the members, the ''organization'' taking over the more important role of Jesus, the twisting of scripture to fit the Watchtower Society narrative, and the 8 ''Governing Body'' members who have exposed themselves like the ''WIZARD OF OZ''

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they don't understand any of my German, that will be proof that god's butt-holy spirit is not with them. They are going to have to learn German if they hope to get through to me, and the longer they wait, the worse it will be since I will continue practicing my German.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Omg how far from reality can they go with that illustration!
  • pistolpete
    pistolpete

What words would you put in her mouth?

Those poor fools!

• Biahi
    Biahi

If I passed a cart today, I would tell them how glad I am that I don’t have to waste my time doing this. 💩😈

• Overrated
    Overrated

When I see Jdubs doing their cart stuff I just walk by and thank my lucky stars that I had the sense to walk away from such bullshit. When I think about WT the question of what really of any value do they serve?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BLUESBROTHER:

I walked away from the JWs in a planned ‘Fade’. I wanted to be DONE with it..This reaching out to people who are out is an act of desperation as far as I am concerned. I think money is at the heart of it because they lost so many contributors and wish to entice some back..However, I’m an older and wiser Retiree with No interest in their religion or any other.

OVERRATED:

I feel the way you feel and walked away from the religion too...I have passed carts and was very tempted to tell them off as nicely as possible why I don’t want the JW religion. I didn’t do that but maybe I might have if they called out to me first.

• newsheep
    newsheep

Look how happy those people are standing all day around a cart acting out what's on their brochures until they finish the day with I'm so lonely. Is it me? What's wrong with me? Then I go on computer and type out why am I so lonely and find out the real truth about the truth here on Simone's sight. Game over for the jw's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit