Words omitted from a Watchtower article

by Doug Mason 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

JW facts said: "When Insight, Volume 1 p. 409 discusses the Canon, it states "Outside the Scriptures themselves there is evidence that, as early as 90-100 C.E., at least ten of Paul’s letters were collected together. It is certain that at an early date Christians were gathering together the inspired Christian writings." It then goes on to discuss how the Early Fathers were quoting the NT books. Again, this does not say the Canon was closed by 100, but as I read these quotes as a JW, wanting to believe God directed the Canon, I thought that is what it meant.

That is interesting about how the "Early Fathers were quoting the NT books" as if that is the evidence that they WERE inspired. The NT quotes books that the WT think are "apocryphal", and the quoting doesn't change the status as being UNINSPIRED according the the WT.

(4:15 And what you hate, do not do to any one. (Tob)

7:12 So whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them; for this is the law and the prophets (Mt)

3:7 In the time of their visitation they will shine forth, and will run like sparks through the stubble. (Ws)

13:43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear. (Mt)

2:15 Those who fear the Lord will not disobey his words, and those who love him will keep his ways. 2:16 Those who fear the Lord will seek his approval, and those who love him will be filled with the law. 2:17 Those who fear the Lord will prepare their hearts, and will humble themselves before him. 2:18 Let us fall into the hands of the Lord, but not into the hands of men; for as his majesty is, so also is his mercy. (Sir)

14:23 Jesus answered him, "If a man loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit