Did you at one time Believe-that you were not going to die. Does your still in JW spouse still believe?

by pistolpete 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England

"Give me the boy until he is seven and I will give you the man." Brain washing and indoctrination.

I was born in, 1940's, never to go to school in this old system. Well I did go to school, I received my Coronation Bible, left school, married a pioneer...... we both believed we would never die.

Now we are old, I am ill and know I really will die in the not too distant future. I have only really understood this fact since I found this site some 15 years or so ago. All the people I know that are non-JW's have understood this all their life of course, they know they will die and accept it. However, it's a bit like some of my shares, they are not doing too well, but I wouldn't get enough from them if I sold them, to make it worth while. That's why I just keep going with Sis England.

George

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Did you at one time Believe-that you were not going to die.

Yup!

Does your still in JW spouse still believe?

Yes. She's my Ex-spouse and got married to another Jobo.

Wasn't I a twit!?!!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I used to believe. Old age hit, then the generation mess. ( lie)

I also gave up on Publishers Clearing house and am losing faith in lotto

• Biahi
    Biahi

Pistolpete, I hear you. My poor grandpa, may he Rest In Peace, held my hand one day, as I visited him, as he was slowly wasting away, sadly told me he can’t believe he was in this bad condition. He thought (he told me) that he would be “marching triumphantly “ straight into the new system. He spent his whole life as a dub, believed it all, served as an elder for years, etc. he died disappointed. 😕 He was a good, sincere, person. And hated pedophiles.

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

I believed when I was young that I wouldn't die a natural death. In my mind I was either going to live forever or be destroyed at the big A.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Of course we both did at one time ,but thankfully my wife and I are well and truly out as are other members of our family that I was instrumental in getting them involved are all out now.

Except for one niece who shuns us all.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I believed it and my JW (former) spouse probably still believes it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit