My favorite films of this century

by LoveUniHateExams 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Stephane - yeah, The Departed is great.

Interstellar is one of those films on my to see list.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Watchmen (Not the crappy series - Alan Moore should sue).

I quite like the remake of Time Machine. Some odd inconsistencies but a good bit of fun.

Karate Kid with Jackie Chan is fun. Rather silly from a reality standpoint but a bit of fun. Despite being called Karate Kid, it's about Kung Fu.

My all time fave film is from 1941 and is a wartime propaganda-ish film, but a cosy watch, The Ghost Train with Arthur Askey who just gets on your nerves. From a play by Arnold (Dad's Army). Ridley.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Any excuse to post a clip from Let The Right One In (2008).

Let the right one in - Bathroom and Eli's kissing scenes (ENG subtitles) - YouTube

Part of this film's charm is that it's a sweet little romance between two twelve-year olds. Oskar is bullied at school and is kinda neglected to some degree by his parents, so you really sympathise with this poor kid. And he finds friendship/prepubescent love in a strange place. Oh, and it's a pretty good horror film, too.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Lovely bones. No good witness will watch it

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

I like to watch old movies from last century. Lately started watching Ester Williams especially "Easy to Love" since it was filmed nearby and had some great water skiing . No one since her can swim so effortlessly, and they filmed it in color. In her prime, she was so popular, I referred to her as the Britney Spears of 40,s and 50,s. My 92 year old aunt agreed.

• jhine
    jhine

Green Book

Darkest Hour

Peter Rabbit

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

One flew Over The Cuckoo`s Nest

Dr.Strange Love

original-The Day The Earth Stood Still

original - War Of The Worlds

The first- Planet Of The Apes

West Side Story -My god their doing a remake.

Fiddler On The Roof

Capricorn One

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

• zachias
    zachias

Red October. (Just one ping just one..)

The marksman

Fiddler on the Roof.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit