2021 Annual Meeting: just more self-exaltation

by neat blue dog 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The Annual Meeting from last fall had a live audience again this time and a recording of it makes up the January monthly program. Jesus said "everyone who exalts himself will be humbled", and the GB as usual waste no time in exalting themselves over the course of the annual meeting.

During Splaine's talk, he says I guess what he thinks is a profound part of the talk outline, and then says "I'll repeat that", and reads it again. He's not reading from the Bible, he's just reading from his own talk, and he backs up to re-read his own words for the audience to take note of with such undue reverence. They say they aren't inspired but they think they basically are.

Later they show the progress of the large media construction project, and just in case you aren't as excited as you should be, the narrator turns on the applause sign by saying, "no doubt, seeing these images is very exciting and encouraging for you".

Another crazy thing was during their convoluted new light on end-times prophecy. One thing I've seen joked about a few times on this forum is taking a scripture and adding or replacing words with very specific JW doctrine. Well, this time they actually did it for real. I didn't see it coming and laughed out loud when it flashed on the screen. They took a scripture from Daniel, and added their own words to fit their current interpretation, like "great crowd", "1914" and "Jesus Christ" instead of Michael.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Was it during the annual meeting that a member of the GB congratulated themselves for continuing to produce videos during the pandemic? We didn’t miss a single one! He exclaimed.

That doesn’t seem very impressive to me. If they couldn’t make a video or two while they’re all in lockdown you’d begin to wonder what else they were up to.

It’s a surprisingly low bar they set for themselves sometimes.

Meanwhile the Seventh-day Adventist Church is providing health care, education and welfare services, especially in Africa. But I’m sure they’ll be ashamed of themselves when they hear the Jehovah’s Witness governing body continued to make videos during the entire pandemic.

• Gorb
    Gorb

Is Antony Moris III remake about that he did not believe in 1975 in the official broadcast or did they cut it out?

G.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hey Gorb,

That will be in part two. Broadcast for February. I will be wondering too.

jtg

• carla
    carla

I thought they backed off a bit on Michael being Jesus thing? am I misremembering? or maybe some flipflops on it? or maybe my jw had gotten me confused on it? he doesn't always seem to get the memo (back when we discussed such things)

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

That's what it's all about. Is by appearing like rockstars before the sheeple.

Then you get Sanderson 'toying' with the sheeple about how they know when the big 'A' is.

• carla
    carla

oh, nevermind, I see that is still in full effect. carry on...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit