So This is What They are Studying This Week at the Mid-Week Meeting -"Don't Give Way to Doubt"

by xjwsrock 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said Smiddy!

• Half banana
    Half banana

There is so much wrong with this Watchtower propaganda!

Walking on water is supernatural, who wants to live a life of miracles and perform miracles for the sake of faith? It would be mentally destabilising. The story of Peter’s example is perverse and should be ignored for the spiritual nonsense it is. These are thoughts for targeting gullible people. Try walking with your feet firmly on the ground for a change.

What on earth is good about faith? Why bother with the inferior quality of faith when today especially; we can know things? Faith is for those without hope or knowledge.

Doubts are a defence against being controlled by others. Doubts prevent us from being gullible. Only by taking a sceptical stance will anyone arrive at a reasoned assessment of reality. Doubt, without cynicism, is an essential ingredient of all we do.

There is one human sin which all Jehovah’s Witnesses have committed: being naive... and while the GB elevate their own position they abuse their followers by coercing them to remain naive.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How about having the members of the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger walking on water? Like, right in the middle of an ocean with about 2,000 kilometers to the nearest land, sharks everywhere, and a category 5 cyclone bearing down on them. Where is their "Jesus"?

This crap about faith is intended to get people to move down into studio apartments they can barely afford, quit their jobs or cut way back so they can pious-sneer, and get into debt keeping up with the rules. I wonder how many, after being told to sell out and cut way back on their jobs and throw away all their funds in the fall of 2013 (and ongoing), had to go into debt to afford a computer that seems to be all but mandatory these days. And, how many are still owing on that debt to this very day. Yet, they are to have faith and not get that extra job or extra hours to pay off said debt? I don't think so--I would rather go against the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger on solid ground, put money into buying silver (that I keep) instead of into the Worldwide Damnation Fund, and let them flounder.

Yup, where is their joke-hova when they need help?

• flipper
    flipper

" If we dwell on what scares us, what discourages us, what distracts us from Jehovah and his Son, we will find our doubts growing. "

Translation - What WT Society REALLY means : " If you watch the news on the Internet or television and see reports of WT child abuse happening it's just a " distraction " to keep you from serving Jehovah. This news is put out by Satan to scare us into doubting Jehovah's faithful slave - don't listen to it- ignore your doubts ! " Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Ignore your common sense and good judgement, bury your head in the sand and keep doing what you are told.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    If we focus on Jehovah and his Son, on what they have done, are doing, and will do for those who love them

I used to do that......it made me reason even more that God would never do the terrible things that the WTS was saying he would do.. My doubts got bigger until my faith in what I had done for most of my life just crumbled.....

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Good point is that this indicates their concerns at the top, of 'doubting' becoming more commonplace, blind adherence fading

• prologos
    prologos

Peter the rock is praised for slowly developing rock-like , doubt-free faith, but he could not find the rocks on the lake bottom to stand on, so of course he was sinking. sickening Hansel&Gretel -like fables hitchhiked by wt.

• CookieMonster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit