Gave a Nice (anti) Witness Today

by Phizzy 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The door was knocked very quietly, (the bell ignored) . Two ladies stood there both clutching Bibles, a youngish one, early thirties, and an old dear, in her seventies I would guess.

The young one started "we have been asking your neighbours today if they feel there is anywhere to go for reliable guidance ?"

Me; " Yes there is ! " but pointing to her Silver Sword I said " But not there though !"

"But don't you think that Human nature has remained the same ? "

"I do, but that book is simply not good enough morally for the 21st Century, and I will give you three examples"

I then outlined about the Bibles wrong view on Homosexuality ( saying that it was their Human Nature, they were born that way), then Slavery, (not a word against it in the Bible),and the treatment of women in the Bible ( they are treated just like chattels)..

"You have obviously studied the Bible then !"

"Yes, and the Koran and Eastern Texts" I then showed where the Koran could not be the word of god, being only written down two centuries after Mohammed, and therefore coming down in "Chinese Whispers, and we know how good they are !" I then showed that the Bible has no Provenance either. I asked "If it were the word of god, do you not think he would have preserved it properly, so we could trust what it says ?

She then asked if I had some contact with JW's in my life, so I admitted to being a born in.

I quickly then went on to say that my main problem with the org is the huge Paedophilia problem they have, " worse than the Catholic Church". I said she would not know about the ARC as "information you receive is highly controlled".

"But things have changed now" I said not enough.

Then the old dear piped up "Yes but the Churches are welcoming these people back in, these Paedophiles ". She might have regretted her interjection, because I said.

" I can name a convicted paedophile who lives not far from here. and he has been re-instated to the Congregation." That stumped her !

We chatted some more,small talk, and then they backed away, and the young one said ;

"Well it was nice to hear your opinions", I didn't let that go ! I said " Everything I have told you is facts, not opinions, if you find out that something I have said to you is not factual, write it on a piece of paper and put it through my door if I am not in "

I just hope some of what I said will stick in their minds, you never know.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

That is good that you gave them an Anti Witnessing.

Last week saturday morning, I went into a McDonalds in Texas and was having a coffee. Saw 3 people well dressed and having WT literature.

Willfully I sat besides them hoping that they would count their time on me. 2 Elderly women and one poor young lad.

Finally the elderly woman turned around and asked me if I would take one of their awake. Here it goes.

Lady: Would you mind if we leave this Mag with you.

Me. Oh, are you the Watchtower Wtnesses ?

Lady. Yes we are. Have you heard of us.

Me. Yes, But I dont have a good opinion about your religion.

Lady: (Sat down before me hoping it would turn into a Bible Study) . Why do you say that

Me: I know a friend of mine who was a JW who let his baby die, due to refusal of plasma infusion. And he was a JW

Lady (Proudly): Yes we don't accept blood transfusions: Do you believe in the Bible.

Me: Yes, I believe that the Bible is a book of Myths. Can you please explain why you accept certain blood fractions but not other.

Lady: Actually, I can arrange for an elder to speak to you regarding that. And I am sorry for that baby girl and it was unfortunate that she died.

Me: No that was not unfortunate. Your religion killed her. And are you aware of the Australian Royal Commission dealings with your religion ? (She became upset and a little furious)

Lady: No we don't go after such information because there are people like you who write all lies over the internet.(She started to leave knowing, I am not a mindless sheep.)

Me:Mam, Educate yourself about your religion before you preach to others.

All three then left stone faced.

• Giordano
    Giordano

As Eric Hopper said:

To know a person's religion we need not listen to his profession of faith but must find his brand of intolerance.
    They had no tolerance for honest questions.
  • EverApostate
    EverApostate

Giordano,That was a Great Quote from Eric Hopper.

Another one:

We lie loudest when we lie to ourselves - Eric Hopper.

I know a few zealous JWs with such Qualities

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I just hope some of what I said will stick in their minds, you never know.

Thinking about when I was on the other side of the JW nonsense, and thinking about what a whole lot of people here have shared, I bet some of it does stick.

• LV101
    LV101

Phizzy - I'm lololol "an old dear" -- great anti-witnessing and I needed the laugh.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

"Well it was nice to hear your opinions", I didn't let that go ! I said " Everything I have told you is facts, not opinions, if you find out that something I have said to you is not factual, write it on a piece of paper and put it through my door if I am not in "

I liked that Phizzy you got the last word in and it was a clincher.

I would give you an A for presentation an A for keeping your cool and a AAA for closing the discussion with a clincher.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Nicely done Phuzzy. I imagine they'll 'shake the dust off their feet™' and avoid returning.

Image result for run away fast

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

"Educate yourself about your religion before you preach to others."

The quote of the year.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

EVER APOSTATE:

It is too bad that many Witnesses want to believe that what is written on the internet about JWs is lies..... that is until they have a rude awakening and then it ALL becomes crystal clear about what is wrong with their religion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit