We live a simple life

by hoser 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It always amazed me at Bethel that ones there would be workaholics...working excessive hours under a lot of stress, but that was ok.

Then they would condemn others in the congregations for doing the very same thing!

The difference? Ones in the cong were earning money.

AND they were GIVING money to the ones INSIDE bethel!

Hypocrisy!

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

These selfish bastards don't want the members to have anything of value and no identity other than being a obsessed follower of theirs.

Short List of Unapproved Things:

Successful Career, Nice House, Expensive Vehicles, Expensive Vacations, Luxury Brand Handbags, Luxury Brand Clothing, Retirement Plan, Pets, Membership in any Clubs or Organizations, Involvement in any Charity, Any College Degree more than 2 years, Any Professional Designation, Any pursuit that would lead to popularity or fame even if just locally....

Of course, if you break their rules and pursue any or all of these things, they will gladly accept a donation from you. If you are somehow still in good standing, or possibly even if you're not, they will accept any of your professional services as a voluntary contribution to their cause.

Why?....... Well, greed of course.... with a sprinkle of hypocrisy.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Does living a simple life include buying a multi-million dollar "translation center" that looks like a mansion? Or, does it include spending $4000.00 USD per day, to avoid compliance with a court order??

DD

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    • "Of course, if you break their rules and pursue any or all of these things, they will gladly accept a donation from you. If you are somehow still in good standing, or possibly even if you're not, they will accept any of your professional services as a voluntary contribution to their cause.

Why?....... Well, greed of course.... with a sprinkle of hypocrisy."

Great comment xjwsrock. This always bothered me. They condemn you if you pursue these things but they will take the money and time you can provide to THEM. Disgusting hypocrisy!

• smiddy
    smiddy

When was the last day a GB member did a hard days work , Come to think of it when was the first day a GB member did a hard days work .

Oh that`s right they don`t have to work themselves , all they have to do is delegate work out to the R&F & the volunteer members .

Look at where they live ? First class accomodation , travel all over the world ,tailor made suits ,Jewellery , rings ,,watches ,the best of food , and least but not all , treated like God`s gift to the organization by the R&F.

And they live a simple life ?

smiddy

• tiki
    tiki

I tried the poverty route when I was a dub.....and that makes for misery. Its one helluva better thing mentally and emotionally to have a regular job and earn enough to live as well as you can. I remember sisters who didn't work asking me how I could stand it..once I quit the martyrdom.....all that stress and sexual harassment...my response was honestly neither were issues in the least . not having enough money for bills...that is stress. And if you work in a decent place with decent people sexual harassment is a non issue. Again the hypocrisy....pedophiles in the cong we sweep under the rug, but mindless flirtation in the workplace is so very evil....

• punkofnice
  • Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Bethelites laid off know about a simple life now, First Class travellers of GB have no concept or if they do they are absolute scum ruining lives

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Funny, I always thought Jesus said that the meek would inherit the Earth.

I had no idea it would actually be the ignorant, broke, and anxious. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit