Who was more selfless? Jesus or Brenda Lee Marquez McCool?

by Wasanelder Once 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Jesus was a perfect sinless human (they say) who came to die for mankind. He gave up his perfect life for all. Selfless? He was promised he would have world ruler-ship if he were faithful to death. Promised he would be brought back to life and elevated to the right hand of God. Told he could once again be God's special one over all others. How selfless was it for him to die? Look at all the perks of completing his mission.

Brenda Lee Marquez McCool was the mother of a 21 year old gay boy who went to a bar with him to salsa dance. She had fought and beaten cancer twice. When a crazed gunman headed in their direction firing, she yelled "get down" and jumped in front of her son taking two bullets saving her son's life and ending her own. She was NOT a perfect human. She had no promise of special status with God for doing it. No promise of kingship in heaven. It was a simple act of love and selflessness.

Who was more selfless? I vote Brenda over king Jesus. How about you?

• kaik
    kaik

I read about her that she was a mother of 12 and was very accepting of her gay son and took bullet for him. Very remarkable woman.

• Simon
    Simon

What a selfless, self-sacrificing lady who obviously loved her son to do what she did - not just giving her life but also being so accepting and supportive while alive.

I've always thought that the unknown soldier saving people he doesn't know and sacrificing his only life to do so is more selfless than someone who apparently is promised an instant resurrection (like a microwave "bing") and then master of the universe as a reward. What sacrifice did Jesus make?

It's like me agreeing to be turned into a cat and then willing to give up being a cat forever more for all the money on the planet, plus Norah Jones singing me to sleep.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Let's see. Jesus was tortured on his stake for how many hours before he died?

This courageous mother of 12 children was in child birth torture... for a total of how many hours when it was delivery time??? Don't tell me giving birth to an 7 to 8 pound baby 12 times, is not excruitating painful. Then to protect her gay son, she dies.

I think Brenda Lee wins.

LoisLane

PS I always thought when I/we became 'perfect' we wouldn't feel pain anymore (the former things have passed away). Jesus Christ was supposed to be perfect, so rightly, he shouldn't have felt any pain. Plus he wasn't fighting any cancer either. Yup. Brenda Lee wins.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Ooh Norah Jones

Where can I sign up?

Can I have O'g3ne to wake me up?

https://youtu.be/flhbl9w_ul0

But good analogy Simon!

• smiddy
    smiddy

OP , and others ,

Well seeing you put it that way ....Brenda Lee wins , no comparison .

smiddy

• under the radar
    under the radar

I'm with everyone else here. Brenda Lee showed true courage and unconditional love for her son. She literally took a bullet for him.

The unbreakable bond of a mother's love is practically universal across all cultures and nationalities, unless it's co-opted and corrupted by slavish adherence to the arbitrary decrees of some mind-control cult. Any particular one come to mind? In the JW world, mothers (and fathers) are all too willing to sacrifice their children's lives on the altar of their own religious beliefs.

I don't believe in the myths and fairy tales of any religion. But I do believe in the power of love, especially a mother's love for her child.

A toast and a salute to Brenda Lee!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

This was always one of the things that baffled me about the bible- how Jesus supposedly gave his life for the rest of us.

Um, no. He slept for three days then was rewarded with a kingship.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I find it fascinating that this logic is so clear that a "Jesus" believer won't respond. It shows how weak the argument for a self sacrificing messiah really is when compared to reality. Thanks for your comments "fearless 7" as I have now named you! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit