We are STRONG, NOT Weak!!!

by Divergent 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Divergent
    Divergent

Today's text:

Thursday, October 20

Assist those who are weak.—Acts 20:35.

You may know from personal experience that it can take time to recover from a debilitating physical illness. Similarly, a Christian who has been weakened by personal difficulties or very trying circumstances may need time to regain spiritual strength. True, our fellow believer will need to strengthen his own faith through personal study, prayer, and other Christian activities. But will we show patience until he regains his balance? And during that recovery, will we show enduring love? Will we strive to help those who are temporarily weak to feel valued and to sense our Christian affection? (2 Cor. 8:8) Never forget that as we provide support to our brothers, we experience the joy that only giving can bring. We also cultivate our capacity for showing empathy and patience. But there is more. The congregation as a whole grows in warmth and love. Above all, we imitate Jehovah, who considers every individual to be precious. w14 6/15 3:18, 19

Ok, so today's text hit a nerve...

I absolutely DETEST it when I am labeled as "weak" by JW's. Yes, I am not going to meetings or going out in service. Yes, I am no longer an active JW. But NO, I am FAR from weak. In fact, I am STRONG. Strong enough to face up to the facts and realize that I have been cheated, deceived, and lied to. Strong enough to actually DO SOMETHING about it. Strong enough to stand up against bullying elders. Strong enough to make my OWN decisions which are not based on absurd man-made rules. Strong enough to break away from my brainwashed family members who are still in the cult. Strong enough to leave everything behind and start afresh. Strong enough to walk away from this cult and say F*** you all! Strong enough to stick my head back in to try to wake up some of my friends even though I am running the risk of getting disfellowshipped. Strong enough to write this post and share with the whole world how I feel!

So for all of you who are stuck-in / fading / faded / disassociated or disfellowshipped, you are NOT weak but you are STRONG. Never forget that!!!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Yes, yes.....the JW's just have to keep telling themselves that they are "Strong" and everyone else is "weak."

Saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true.....unless you're in a mind-controlling cult. Then it's repetition for emphasis.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I agree. I am far stronger than JWs. They're the weak ones. I hate the fact that many JWs think I still believe, but am just weak or stumbled.

Two JW women sent me Watchtower articles to "strengthen" me. One man stopped by and infuriated me with his words, implying weakness on my part and that he's in a higher place. His words presented the image of a man on high ground who's reaching out to another who's fallen in a hole and is in need of help. A circuit overseer left me a voicemail message that was absolutely nauseating. He spoke in a sickeningly sweet voice as if he was talking to a young child - as if he was so mature and strong - as if he was so happy and I was so sad. He apologized that nobody had been by to "encourage" me - as if JWs have courage and want to instill some of it into me - as if I want to come back but am too weak to do so on my own. If he ever comes by my house, he'll find out how weak I am (or am not).

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Two JW women sent me Watchtower articles to "strengthen" me. One man stopped by and infuriated me with his words, implying weakness on my part and that he's in a higher place. His words presented the image of a man on high ground who's reaching out to another who's fallen in a hole and is in need of help. A circuit overseer left me a voicemail message that was absolutely nauseating. He spoke in a sickeningly sweet voice as if he was talking to a young child - as if he was so mature and strong - MAGNUM

WOW!, Magnum.......they really, really want you back!!!!! We haven't had that much interest in us returning in all of the 5 years combined that we've been fading. . . . Doc [feeling unwanted and unloved]

• dothemath
    dothemath
    Divergent....you could be a motivational speaker!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great post Divergent! My spouse and I have never been stronger or happier. What ever happened to having a personal relationship with Jah? They measure strength by the amount of JW tasks you perform.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit