How would you reason with a family member who says...

by HiddenPimo 13 Replies latest social family

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

Thanks for sharing the links NBG.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    HP - “I know the Org has made mistakes and failed in some areas but it is still better than Christendom”

I'd ask, How do you know that?

Then see what the answer is and ask more 'how do you know' type questions, until they punch you in the face. Then you can ask, is that how the JWs are better?

• jp1692
    jp1692
    DOFP: Throw the question back. How is it better than Christendom?

This question rocks. Just keep asking it over and over again using different words and in different ways. Keep them on the ropes with it. Be relentless and watch them struggle futilely to come up with a coherent, cohesive answer.

They won’t be able to, but still they will try in vain

And so, ultimately, they will eventually circle back around to some version of “the GB is the FDS. This is Jehovah’s Organization. It just is. We have the Truth!”

You will be ale to watch as, before your very eyes, they will become flustered and dumbfounded but still dig in their heels and insist they are right despite their inability to clearly articulate an explanation or logical answer. You, on the other hand, will have just lost a friend or family member and will soon have two elders asking to meet with you privately.

What happens after that depends on your ability to lie and pretend that it was all just a misunderstanding on the part of the offended party, or perhaps you’ll choose to press the elders with the same line of questioning and end up disfellowshipped.

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I faced the same comments.My reasoning was Mistakes are forgiven ,Sins are punished !

How many mistakes does one cover up? How many can be counted as errors of imperfect men? 10, 50, 100 ! What about over 1000 (This in relation to the ARC) ! Surely this many cannot be an overlook; errors ; mistakes ! When does weakness become wickedness?

And this is just the tip of the iceberg!

Any thinking person will react to that favorrably coz my friends did and are now Pomo.

Zing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit