To Rank & File JW's:

by The Fall Guy 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

On your J.W. web site, it says this: On the night before he died, Jesus told his followers to commemorate his death. He said: “Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” - Luke 22:19

According to the WTBTS/JW's, Jesus had two distinct groups of followers with entirely different "hopes" – the “little flock” and the “other sheep.”

Exactly which group was instructed to commemorate his death by re-enacting the eating & drinking of the bread and wine - and to “keep doing it?”

Can you provide any scriptural justification for yourself and millions of others to attend this ritual as "spectators"?

• stillin
    stillin

I think that the "party line" is that the other sheep are showing honor to the "arrangement" even if they don't partake.

I always filed it under "just in case He meant other sheep too."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It only makes sense if you were raised a JW and only knew this to be the way. Most Memorial speakers do a piss poor job of explaining it. Most active JWs wouldn't believe you if you informed them that (they believe) Jesus IS NOT their Mediator -- only for the (crazy) anointed.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

The Gibberish Buffoons need no other proof that everyone should attend this non-event except this:

Matthew 24:45 we said so.

1 Corinthians 5:13 we will ruin your family

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The apostles made it clear that the Christian message COULD NOT be altered in any way after they were gone. This totally obliterates the trumped up WT doctrine of "New Light"

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. - Galatians 1: 8,9

Rejecting the Bread and Wine (and hence rejecting the new covenant) IS A DIFFERENT GOSPEL.

• wozza
    wozza

Who was Jesus talking to ? Presumably a bunch of jewish men.

Were they annointed by holy spirit at that time with heavenly life in view ? NO

So the bible is not really clear ,was it only a practise for them to do while they were alive ?

They were not annointed till Pentecost ,and even then with other people who were not told personally by Jesus to commemerate his coming death.

There's alot missing from the bible story it seems ,kinda makes it easy to start your own religion and fill in a few gaps.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    • here's alot missing from the bible story it seems ,kinda makes it easy to start your own religion and fill in a few gaps.

which is why it makes more sense for dubs to weigh in on the cautious side and include everyone in the remembrance. After all, the non partakers are still “remembering” so you may as well go the whole hog. I would, now, if I were one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit