Jehovah Banned in Singapore

by EverApostate 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Singapore is a tiny, beautiful and economically powerful country in SE Asia. All religions are allowed there except the Jehaovah's Witnesses and another Christian denomination. JWs are banned because they don’t serve the military and all Singapore Citizens are required to serve in the military for a while.

The JWs are banned in Singapore since 1972.

Jehovah being such a powerful GOD, (As we all once believed), cant remove the ban in Singapore for his most important preaching work. If this JW religion is all real, Cant Jah lift the ban in Singapore in no time. All the Babylonian religions are free to Practice there but not the true Religion, worshiping the true Almighty god.

There is a huge Hindu temple in Singapore, dedicated to Lord Muruga, a prominent Indian God. I can only conclude that Jehovah is less powerful than Muruga, assuming both GODs are real.

Jehovah, the almighty owner of this Universe, is not allowed in a tiny nation. Poor thing, this Jah!

• XkhanX
    XkhanX

Hi I am from Singapore too. DA in 2013. Wai Hung here from Cong #5. :). I meeting 2 other ExJW for dinner this Friday 645 at Nex. U free to join?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

XKHANX - you don't know a person there by the name of Terrance.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Sorry XkhanX. I am not in Singapore. Just visited there once.

• XkhanX
    XkhanX

OIC. No worries EverApostate.

Yes I know 2 who are named Terranc, joe134cd.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    EverApostate » Jehovah being such a powerful GOD, (As we all once believed), can't remove the ban in Singapore for his most important preaching work. If this JW religion is all real, Cant Jah lift the ban in Singapore in no time? ... There is a huge Hindu temple in Singapore, dedicated to Lord Muruga.... I can only conclude that Jehovah is less powerful than Muruga, assuming both GODs are real.

Ah, yes, but assumptions are tricky things. First, even if one assumes that Jehovah is the one lording it up over that Brooklyn publishing company, one must also discount all the other Christian religions and sects who worship Jehovah more intelligently than the Brooklyn religion.

Ever since Rome fell (and Jerusalem before it), Christians and Jews have attempted to guage Yahweh's power over the other gods of mankind by which cities rise or fall or what temple or church was destroyed. Augustine wrote his City of God trying to explain why, if Rome was God's city, that He let it fall, and God's people with it.

The same thing happened with the first destruction of Jerusalem circa 600 BC and the second destruction in the first century AD. Jesus told the Jews in his day that they relied too heavily on the temple and the city of David, but that the Lord was going to give it all up because of the wickedness of the people. In the end times, the Lord would set his hand again to recover his people (Isaiah 11), but not because of their righteousness, but to prepare them for the return of Christ (see Ezekiel 38-39, Rev. 11). In fact, just before that return, John called Jerusalem the spiritual equivalent of Sodom and Egypt.

The point is, the survival or destruction of cities, temples or the success or failure of a people, their missionary efforts -- it's pretty much irrelevant to the existence or power of God. It's often been used as a criterion by the ancients, but it's fairly meaningless, since there are many Christian worshippers of Jehovah in Singapore who aren't and have never been Jehovah's Witnesses. So you can't come up with a viable argument that the JWs can't come back with from scripture.

BTW, I'd love to visit Singapore. They have some draconian laws there, but that's how they keep things clean and sparkling. We could use a little of that here. They know how to deal with crime, littering and vagrancy.

P.S. -- I only hope the universe isn't ruled by cows. If so, I've eaten far too many gods (medium rare) to escape Hell.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Draconian laws, such as chewing gum is banned in their country. I visited Singapore many times but only at the airport. I was in transit to another country.

• Listener
    Listener

Singapore is one of our favourite countries to visit. We've been there a number of times. We felt very safe and clean. It would be had to find a more modern city and it has a number of excellent attractions. The only downside is that accommodation is expensive.

A few years ago, hubby and I were walking through a park and we came across an elderly Singaporean couple who were sitting on the grass listening to a taped talk. I wondered if it was there way of public preaching.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thank you EverApostate I didnt know that or if I did I had completely forgotten about it

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

XkhanX= I've sent you a PM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit