Not to toot my own horn...

by Jayk 7 Replies latest social humour

• Jayk
    Jayk
    My older JW brother tried telling me "you don't take orders very well" which stopped him from inviting me to do a job a make some side cash..We got into a disagreement because recently I started having back problems only while I sleep on my sides. I think it's because I have a wide back from working out. Once again I explain that and he said "well the job required heavy lifting which is also why I didn't call you" my response being "it's only when I sleep I can still work just don't won't to strain it so I can." the last time we got in a fight when I was a freshman he was a senior and in about 30 seconds in I tore the ACL in his knee. It was a accident but he fully thinks he can work harder then me.. and he is in some position to be giving orders to me to strain my back without giving me a chance to explain myself. I wanted to say "the job might be heavy lifting for you but....."
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Normally I would never say this but is there any way you could get to the point?

• Jayk
    Jayk
    I guess my point is I stay pretty healthy but he does drugs and still is a witness and he still rides a high horse around me. I'm just venting I guess but I find it funny.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

but he does drugs and still is a witness

That's a little strange, what kind of drugs ?

• Jayk
    Jayk
    Hard ones, and I've heard stories he started at a pretty young age with some other witness friends of his. Smoking weed is fine, I started a few months back after taking over a year break but I did drink alcohol in that year. Currently I don't drink alcohol which my brother does regularly.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Doing drugs or drinking alcohol is form of self abuse, you might to pass the information onto your brother and hey try and get along, sometimes it pays to see where a person is coming from when you stand in their shoes

Remind your brother also he's a devout practicing Christian, so he should have higher moral standards than you

• Jayk
    Jayk

He lives with a guy who is currently DF and everyone knows he lives there but no one says anything. His DF roommate messes around with drugs sometimes but not around me. He is cool compared to my brother he had calles my brother out on being a hypocrite. I'm not sure if my bro is baptized or not. I'm in my late 20s my brother is early 30s.

• Listener
    Listener

All the best to both of you. Often times their can be a bit of a competitive nature between brothers but just focus on doing the best for yourself and being there for your brother if he wants some help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit