Is this a true statement? Elders that are DF will be reinstated much quicker than the average publisher.

by James Mixon 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Back in the early 70's there was a brother, well known in the circuit did the no no with

a few of the young sisters in the congregation. He was df and the word, he would never be

a elder in this system. Of course this was before 1975.

Today I know of two brothers that was df for the same thing(adultery) and within two years they were

df and reappointed as elders.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    I know of one CO who was once DF'd, long before he was appointed CO. Haven't met any elders who were out and in though. It happens I am sure.
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Yes, it happens. My grandfather slept with his brothers wife but was reinstated and reappointed an elder shortly thereafter. My grandmother slept with her brother in law (the same one) in a separate incident, and they were reinstated as well. Both couples were good friends til death. Yeah, creepy.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    neat blue dog. Damn, only in JW land.
  • ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

NOT TRUE. I can speak from my personal situation.

Hell must have froze over because after 19 months of never missing a meeting and groveling as well as 4 requests for reinstatement , I was approved.

Then 10 months later I walk away and have never looked back.

All took place within the past 8 years.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    only in JW land

Might seem that way, but there's hypocrisy and double standards and immorality in every strata of society, and yes, JWs have it too. When people claim to be honorable is when it stands out as most shocking, whether it's an entertainer that acts fatherly, (Bill Cosby), an inspirational public figure, (Jared the Subway guy), religious, (JW pedo elders), political, (Bill Clinton), or both of the latter, (Martin Luther King Jr.).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Like I keep saying, they gotta really scrape the bottom of the barrel for "qualified" and willing brothers these days... :smirk:
  • mrquik
    mrquik
    I was a well known elder that got DF'd after a divorce. I had one on the JC that told me to my face that as I was well known, it would be awhile. I can't thank him enough. I stuck it out for 2 years, sitting in the back of the hall. I got sick of the hypocrisy, did my research & left. It was ironic because the elder himself had been disfellowshipped for adultery & it was 10 years before be was reinstalled as an elder. Again, thanks Frank. You'll never know how much of a favor you did for me.
  • Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    It depends upon the makeup of the judicial committee so every case will be handled differently. When there is judicial action against an elder or when a former elder is being considered for reinstatement, it is pretty commonplace to call or write the branch office about it, but my experience is that doing that is no guarantee that things will be handled any less haphazardly. I don't doubt the posters who say that they know elders who were DFed and quickly reinstated with privileges, but I know of other situations where elders were DFed and the committee decided that the elder in question had breached the trust of the congregation, thus requiring a very long time for him to show works that lead to repentance (or words to that effect). I know of two cases where elders were DFed and eventually reinstated, but decades later, they are not serving and probably never will. Judicial committees are like a box of chocolates--you never know what you're gonna get.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The answer to the posed question is probably yes based from how repentive the man is and how long he served as an elder and just basically how well liked he was...

Is there favoritism to be seen there yes most likely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit