Sanderson Patronises Ex-Bethelites

by konceptual99 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Don't normally waste time watching these but this one caught my eye as it was obvious what the subject matter would be about....

http://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODProgramsEvents/pub-jwbmw_201604_2_VIDEO

Mark Sanderson: Accept Change With Faith and Confidence (Heb. 13:17)

Basically Sanderson is giving a pep talk to all those that have new assignments changed. He uses all the normal examples of Moses, Abraham, Jesus and then his own example of being asked to start a new assignment on Monday morning by the GB on the Friday afternoon.

This is all well and good but he is forgetting one thing. Most of the Bethelites that have had their assignments changed actually have had them stopped. They have lost their jobs. They have been told to make it as pioneers if they can. Special pioneers have had their stipends removed and been demoted. DOs and those over 70 have been sidelined and told to get on with it.

His new assignment involved him jetting off to the Philippines for a few years then coming back to be graced with the top job. He didn't have to try and find work after being institutionalised for decades. He wasn't told that he was entering in to the best career into the world only to be tossed aside at a moments notice with less workers rights than an illegal immigrant.

I really hope there are ex-Bethelites the world over watching this and sticking their fingers up to this patronising nonsense.

• freddo
    freddo

Sadly I guess most of them will be bending over for yet another kicking or worse ...

But it will certainly take the shine off things for them and dampen their zeal.

Imagine this scenario:

Booted Bethelite (BB) lands in a congo with his wife after 20 years service. No job, dingy flat, no money, no education. The last keen young lad (KYL) in the hall goes up to him in six months time after hearing an announcement to reach out.

KYL: I'm going to put my form in to go to Bethel/Construction/whatever. Any advice ... ?

BB: Think long and hard ... think very long and very hard ...

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Not to mention the increasing use of temporary/commuter bethel labour. This has the double bubble win for the WTS as (a) each one pays their own way and (b) the faithful jump at the chance to have this type of "privilege".
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

Yea nice for Enoch to get his new assignment - DEATH by gods hand.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    in that recent video featuring that goon from the British branch relating another bullshit blessing from jeehoovah and their purchase of a contaminated shit hole there was a section showing their transport dept and I was certainly surprised with the amount of minibuses they have use of, clearly being used to pick up day workers from local stations, they could easily survive this way and rid the branch of residential workers completely.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yet, they are still selling the idea of Bethel as a career to the very young children.

Shameless, these men are shameless.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Unlike the sacked Bethelites and Special Pioneers who lost their funding, and don't even know where their next meal is coming from; Sanderson looks well fed. In fact he looks rather bloated, like he's gained a lot of weight since joining the GB.

• oppostate
  • ResearcherNY
    ResearcherNY
    He can't even keep a smirk off his face, what a smug, condescending coward. He has the gall to compare his own promotion to a Branch Committee to the demotion of Bethelites? Incredible.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Isn't Sanderson 50 or 51 years-old? Dude looks like he's pushing 70! ... And he looks like he's a pork chop away from a heart attack! Does the annual nibbling of crackers and sipping of wine cause baldness, obesity, and premature aging?

If anointing with holy spirit does that to a person, I'll pass. Being "worldly" must really agree with me. I'm only a very little bit younger than him and am told I look like Greg Kinnear. Okay, maybe his slightly less handsome younger brother.

Sandersons mourning warship comments are entitled, "Accept Change with Faith and Confidence." My change was leaving bethel, the cult, and blind obedience to the self-appointed spokesmen of a Bronze Age desert god. I learned to have faith that there are good "worldly" people and organizations. And I learned to have self-confidence.

Leaving bethel was a rough adjustment to the real world for me, but it was my first step away from the cult. Despite the turbulence, my life now is immeasurably better than ever. Life without the drudgery and FOG of Watchtower Corp is fantastic!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit