My old JW cult hall permenantly closed.

by mickbobcat 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I was watching a video by Smurf Girl that said that her old halls where permanently closed. So I did a google lookup of my old hall and it said permanently closed. So is this that big that the cult is really shuttering all these halls for good? Strange if so, is this the end of the cult or the start of the end or as that retard Muppet Lett says the beginning of the beginning of the end for the cult?

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

It's the start of the end

It will take another 10-20 years before it sinks into the member's head that it was all just a BIG CON AND THEY FELL FOR IT.

It will take another 10-20 years before the staunch FULL BELIEVERS die off. They will keep believing till the very end.

But for the rest, they will all wake up in another 20 some years. Clinging to the hope of living forever is pretty strong.

In 30 years I doubt this religion will exist---even though many have a tendency to compare it to other religions that continue like the bible students

The Watchtower is not like other religions. It's entire life blood is dependent on 607-1914-Last days.

Those dates are coming to their end very quickly.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

This thread prompted me to look up the google listing for ‘kingdom hall near me’ and I was a bit surprised to see one for just about all the halls around here (midwest US). They have spammed up the reviews with a bunch of 5 star reviews from various JWs from all around.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

They have spammed up the reviews with a bunch of 5 star reviews from various JWs from all around.

I did the same thing. Also noted that all the reviews, even for halls that have been closed and sold several years ago are made by the exact same four or five people. The same over-the-top gushing 5 star reviews of the congregations, most of them in only the last eleven or twelve months. And having visited all of them over the past decades when I was not FedUp I can safely say the reviews are lies!

• S0ShowdidIgethere
    S0ShowdidIgethere

Something to be noted...when you look up a KH through google maps...the point of reference they use on the map features a cross...lololol clearly google doesnt know...

But I saw plenty of recent reviews of people very upset about receiving letters, feeling like its a violation of privacy.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The people upset by letters are overreacting

Every week I get 2 or 3 car insurance offers, someone willing to buy my house, St. JUDE, shrine hospital, PETA, and travel offers. Simple to trash them.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Road to nowhere The people upset by letters are overreacting

yes I tend to agree. They would normally knock on your door....what's more intrusive? A letter you can throw in the bin, a personal visit is harder to say no to imho. I got one not long ago and I'm mulling over how to approach a reply. I want to help wake him up but it's got to be VERY subtle because their Aposta alarms are honed to perfection.

Dawn from the "Witness For Jesus" channel gave me some ideas for an approach. I thought about saying I went to the website as he suggested, but was shocked to see their video on compassion. That unlike the good Samaritan, JWs are taught NOT to show compassion to some people. Even a "cherished wife" should be killed immediately! if they "follow other gods" (ie don't believe).

That they used the Old testament even though Jesus was the end of the law. They only talk about showing compassion to other witnesses. They are like the lawyer in Luke 10 :29 "but he seeking TO JUSTIFY HIMSELF said "who is, then, my neighbour?"' They, too, try to justify their position and haven't learned the lesson from Jesus that everyone should be shown compassion even ones enemies!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Apparently that video by Smurf Girl was taken down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit