Mormon Baptizing the dead??

by James Mixon 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Why the big controversy over baptizing the dead, they are dead folks..I know it's a quirky practice but Jewish leaders are up in arms because the LDS leaders are baptizing Holocaust victims..What harm is it???Hell JW's are preaching everyone will go up in flames no one believe that crap except JW but no one is up in arms, they know they walk a different step....The LDS leaders agreed to halt baptisms specifically of Jews Holocaust victims in 2010 but they are at it again, baptizing Jews. This is funny as hell to me. Supposed I declared I will marry some dead person, who would give a crap.....They may send me to the funny farm, but what harm is it......

• just fine
    just fine

I have actually known about that practice and thought the same as you - it's funny as hell. Why would you baptize dead people who were not inclined to join your religion when they were alive? Especially people who were horribly tormented because of their faith ( not LDS).

The LDS have a whole other level of crazy going on. Even if I am dead I might be upset if I became Mormon. 😀

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

just fine: "Even if I am dead I might be upset"..Yes, LOL.....

• careful
    careful

Not that I'm defending the Mormons, but facts can be helpful. If you read 1 Cor. 15:29—not in the NWT, you can perhaps see why the LDS people feel the way they do. As for Jews objecting, they might consider that the practice of ritualistically doing things for the dead went on in their own tradition too. At 2 Maccabees 12:39-45 Judas Maccabee atones for the sinful dead by sacrifice.

One cannot help but wonder if certain Jews of today are more upset by a group of professed Christians "invading" the Jewish sphere of something many Jews consider holy and thus exclusively their domain.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Religious leaders make some crazy shit up. But they have the backbone to lead and people believe and follow.

• millie210
    millie210

People do so many things under the banner of being "helpful".

Lots of the things that get done are not helpful at all and can be harmful.

At least in this case they are not able to do harm or hurt the dead people because they are well...dead and therefore beyond the reach of the determined "helpful".

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Baptize us!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Village Idiot made me LOL !

A Mormon once told me that it does not commit the dead in their afterlife to being Mormons , in the eyes of the LDS church. She said that it just gives them the opportunity.

Just why they believe that God would be in the slightest influenced by their practice , I don't know

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

good one VI....That's the look of the resurrected ones after the big one comes. Now that's the kind of study I would love to study with if he doesn't eat me first.

• cofty
    cofty

If one person thought that by ducking another under water it would influence the destiny of dead people, we would treat them like they were a nutcase. We would never entrust them with responsible jobs or elect them to political office.

If millions of people all believe the same insane things we call them mormons and we are supposed to give their beliefs respect.

Mormonism is one the craziest cults. The make the Watchtower look rational.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit