October 2016 Campaign

by rosesinbloom 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rosesinbloom
    rosesinbloom

Hello

Does anyone know what the campaign in October is going to be about?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Did I miss something related to an October 2016 campaign?

Rub a Dub

• wifibandit
  • Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    LOL - the large number of visitors they anticipate as a result of the invitation campaign in Oct. I'm sure whoever wrote that must have had a nice belly laugh. When have those invitation campaigns ever worked? How many people attend the RC as a result of the public invitation? hahah. delusional
  • winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Read it yesterday. I find it funny they think a campaign inviting people to weekend meetings will result in a significant increase in attendance. Enough -they think- to merit using only the most capable speakers during that month.

Implied it is that the rest of the year we are left with terrible, boring talks full of nonsense and derision for 'worldly' people.

If lucky, maybe some active non-attending JWs will show up for a meeting or two.

Also underlying is how worried they are about low attendance.

• Ringo
    Ringo

Yes, more busy work, trying to get non-jw's in the front door while kicking older, poor health long-time jw's who have no future useful slave value to the Dubs' out the back door!

Bunch of $%@&% hypocrites!!!!

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Not much to worry about.

As a non JW who suffers through a meeting here and there, eventually someone from the R&F will say something totally insulting and we won't come back

OR

We will feel the coldness of the room and we won't come back

OR

We will figure out there aren't refreshments after (like some churches) and we won't come back

OR

We will be totally uninspired by the awful music and we won't come back

There's absolutely no holding us there.

Hilariously without a plate being passed, we will be happy NOT to contribute to the world wide walking project.

Won't yield much that will last. I guess they'll cut down on the insults.

Maybe they are practicing alternate techniques for Memorial invites to get the numbers up? Or maybe they'll suggest that people who attend for then be begged to attend for the Memorial... You know... To get the numbers up. 😒

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Special campaign to distribute... the same dang thing they do every month! Watchtower and an Invite to the meeting.

• freddo
    freddo

"The large number of visitors they anticipate ... "

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHa!

COBE to Hall Servant:

"Well Bill we have been asked to prepare for large numbers of visitors to the Kingdom Hall in October so what do you think we can do to accommodate them?"

Bill the Hall Servant to the COBE:

"Well Brother, as the hall is half empty anyway I don't see the need to do anything really ..."

• freddo
    freddo

Okay, Okay. Let's imagine that they get a couple of extra people come along to visit.

Now let's imagine that the planets line up and they hear a good talk from a skilled speaker and they enjoy the half-hour presentation.

Then they'll sit through some whacky Watchtower about overlapping generations or studying with pirates in the resurrection or Abraham trekking up a hill to sacrifice his only son and that will really keep 'em coming won't it?

... ... ...

Or ... imagine they go completely nuts and decide to beam in a talk from HQ and they get Steven Lett gurning all over the place!

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! They must be running round in HQ with their heads cut off at the moment all coming up with any idea other than to mention the elephant in the room which is that the GB have lost the plot!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit