What else is there to the so called "Truth"

by jdash 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jdash
    jdash

First of all, I want to say thanks to all of you guys who gave me advice on my first post. It really helped and I will try to use all of it. I appreciate it!

Now, I been doing research on what is false about the JDubs.

Do any of you guys have any information about things that they teach that are false?

Thanks !

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

They teach that their religion is biblical. The truth is that every doctrine which is unique to Jehovah's Witnesses is extra-biblical. This includes their foundational doctrines which include dates, names and places not mentioned in scripture. Here is one sample of what I mean.

Did the sounding of the 7 trumpets introduced in Revelation 8 get underway at a Bible Student convention in Cedar Point, Ohio in 1922?

"When the sounding of the seven trumpets got under way in 1922, the Bible Student convention at Cedar Point, Ohio, (Rev.8:7) featured a talk by the president of the Watchtower Society, J. F Rutherford, based on the scripture, ”The Kingdom of Heaven is at Hand.” Revelation Its Grand Climax at Hand. p. 172

• Jerryh
    Jerryh

Maybe they could elaborate on what is a "token" forgiveness?

*** w54 4/15 p. 254 par. 22 The Way for Man’s Attainment to Perfect Integrity ***
    The other sheep, too, have had a token forgiveness.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

jwfacts.com will help you sort some of it out. reading just the "greek scriptures" will prove quite a bit of their stuff to be unbiblical.

you're headed the right direction, dont stop until you find truth.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

They have incorrectly predicted the end date numerous times, most recently 1975.

They claim they predicted the last days would start in 1914, which is not correct. They originally predicted the last days would end (not start) in 1914, which the believed would result in the end of the world. It was only after nothing happened in 1914 that they started claiming it was now the start of the last days. And the whole 1914 date was based on an incorrect date for the fall of jerusalem anyway.

They are still stuck on this 1914 date, even though it makes their original claim that the generation alive in 1914 would not pass away before the end to be patently ridiculous. They have tried to cover this by saying that "this generation" can now be overlapping generations, which is even more ridiculous. By that reasoning the last days could last hundreds of years by just adding more overlapping generations.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS is and has been an endeavoring action of commercial charlatanism and most of the organization's doctrines were inherently inspired to be attractive to the public domain, they're weren't deeply contrived upon strong scriptural backing and support.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Do any of you guys have any information about things that they teach that are false?

Sure. I'd suggest to export this entire forum.

• Perry
    Perry

WT culture maximizes the laws of God, and minimizes or ignores the fundamental nature of God - Love...much like the 1st Century Rabbis did. There is a clip from the Jesus film that really reminds me of the Watchtower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GleZNngPsa8

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

JWfacts.com is your friend. It's like the Reasoning book but accurate, lol.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

There is a book called "Crisis Of Conscience" by Ray Franz, a former member of the Governing Body. Google "Crisis of Conscience pdf" and there is a site called Scribd that has it. You have to read it on their site, I believe. Someone here might have a copy that they would send you. Read that book and you'll see a lot of what is wrong in the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit