Keeping everyone on the hook

by hoser 12 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

I’ve always noticed that the local jw leaders like to give as little notice as possible for local meetings and expect you to drop everything and rearrange your life to fit their agenda in.

I’ve noticed this more during the pandemic. We are not given the codes and time of memorial until a couple hours before meeting. The same is happening with the regular Sunday meeting. The times are changing from week to week and we are not told access codes until a Couple hours ahead of time.

I’m sure they could give times and codes a few days ahead but gotta keep the sheeples in a state of flux

• sir82
    sir82

I dunno, sounds more like the local elders there are incompetent, or lazy, or both.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Based on my observation in my locality, it appears to be more a case of eldurrs who are self-important, egotistical, pompous-ass, puffed up with pride little Hitlers.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Some of it could also be the fact that the Zoom app seems to have some security issues. The letter from the WT to the elders about conducting Zoom meetings has a lot to say about handling disturbances during the meeting.

Keeping the meeting IDs secret until not too long before the meeting begins may be one step to lessen the possibility of hackers. Unless, of course, the 'hacker' is from within the fold.

Now whether the elders in any particular place have that strategy in mind, or, like was said, simply like to keep people in suspense, that is another issue.

• carla
    carla

Everyone feels special when they get the secret code don't they? You finally get yours and you are IN! you too hold the special golden ticket.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

They know there are moles within a number of congregations throughout the US. When they first used zoom a link was sent out to all the publishers. Everything seemed fine for the first week. Then on the next Saturday night they sent out a new link saying not to share it with anyone outside the congregation.Then a few days before the Sunday talk prior to the memorial they said there will be a new link, a password and a need to make sure your zoom name is one recognized by the congregation. What that last item meant was that you had to be on zoom 30 minutes before the meeting and the host of the zoom meeting would let you in once he recognized your name. No unrecognized names would be allowed into any of the meetings. The public talk is no longer for the public.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Based on my observation in my locality, it appears to be more a case of eldurrs who are self-important, egotistical, pompous-ass, puffed up with pride.

Just as I side point, and I apologise if I go off topic. I knew an elder who’s nick name was Charles the hit man Glendenning and he lived up it. He was a right Nazi, pompous, arse.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HOSER:

These egotistical guys want people sitting on the edge of their seats in anticipation.

Maybe they’re trying to give a mysterious vibe like WW2 when people supposedly wouldn’t be told where the next meeting was going to be held if they missed the previous one...If they’re trying to recapture the feeling back then they can forget it! Those times were different and people were different.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

@Fedupjw: it appears to be more a case of eldurrs who are self-important, egotistical, pompous-ass, puffed up with pride little Hitlers.

They are so important that I have blacklisted them in my phone , so all their passwords and shit for their so called brainwashing meetings gets dumped straight away n I do not dignify it /them by even acknowledging it!

Zing

• newleaver1
    newleaver1
    Also disfellowshipped ones are unable to.access the zoom meetings. There can only watch the jw stream and you have to ask the elders for that link. Seems strange as disfellowshipped ones can go to meetings in normal circumstances.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit