Do you have a place to get away from it all?

by compound complex 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I like to walk in the woods on my own

• Half banana
    Half banana

JP, I wonder if your mammoth was actually a mastodon as the distribution of the former was mainly further north?

The mammoth had a distinct high crown bump on the top of the head whereas the mastodon had a flat head.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Good question, HB. I dunno. I wasn’t there at the time!

Seriously though, both mammoths and mastadons have been found near here.

• zeb
    zeb

jp1692 thankyou.

Chumash people? a little info please.

• jp1692
  • jp1692
    jp1692
    zeb: Chumash people? a little info please.

The Chumash People ... once numbered in the tens of thousands and lived along the coast of California. At one time, their territory encompassed 7,000 square miles that spanned from the beaches of Malibu to Paso Robles.

You know how Google works, right?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, everyone, for sharing your photos and comments.

Even if it isn't the great outdoors I get away to, I appreciate how my house and animal sitting "career" get me into very nice homes for a few days or weeks at a time. Since I rent just a room (the house I'm in can get crazy at times), I enjoy being able to spread out in a full-size house, all to myself, and listen to classical music.

When back home, I block out the other's TV by shutting myself away in my room with white noise and music. And JWD.

My retreat . . .

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Healing from my back surgery I have discovered reading. With ADD this is something I have always struggled with. But now knowing I have to hold back doing real hard physical things I seem to have a peace of mind to read. It has been very enjoyable. I have also started writing a book. It is a sarcastic and humorous look at religion with a way to help use critical thinking when it comes to beliefs in God. It has been very therapeutic for me. Still Totally ADD

• flipper
    flipper

As some others stated- my music and songwriting, and playing guitar or banjo helps me get away into another world. When I sit out on my deck overlooking into the forested canyon below sipping iced tea or a beer- yeah, that's the life I enjoy. Just staying home chillin'

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

John said it best and this cover is lovely:

There's a Place

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit